Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / import .dbo level into fps creator editor..is this possible??

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi

I know it is possible to import 3rd party models into FPSC. But, is it possible to convert .dbo game level files into fps creator editor and open the level with the editor itself??
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2016 00:48
JC LEON
Fragmotion can import Dark Basic (.dbo) files
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2016 09:48 Edited at: 13th May 2016 08:29
yes i know fragmotion can open .dbo files but after that can i use the imported .dbo level into the fps creator editor??

i'm referreing not at the models or segment but evento the level itself with scripts light etc..

pratically.. i have downloaded some fpsc free games and want to learn how some effects/ gameplays/particles are setted into the editor ..a sort of reverse engineering of the level LOL
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2016 18:25
You can import levels from 3D World Studio into FPSC and these will also retain the lightmap UV's built from the 3DWS lightmapper which is pretty cool.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Twic3tKIBgw
https://www.thegamecreators.com/product/2100/page/archive/Downloads

The problem is that its very difficult to work with imported maps once you start needing to get in and detailing the map with dynamic entites and the AI is not compatible so you need to build the map without floors and use standard FPSC segments floors.

Rolfy came up with a nice way of importing terrains by slicing them up into large segment pieces but you need to do all of this work in external 3d modelling programs.
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "You can import levels from 3D World Studio into FPSC and these will also retain the lightmap UV's built from the 3DWS lightmapper which is pretty cool.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Twic3tKIBgw
https://www.thegamecreators.com/product/2100/page/archive/Downloads

The problem is that its very difficult to work with imported maps once you start needing to get in and detailing the map with dynamic entites and the AI is not compatible so you need to build the map without floors and use standard FPSC segments floors.

Rolfy came up with a nice way of importing terrains by slicing them up into large segment pieces but you need to do all of this work in external 3d modelling programs."

thanks nomad but i was asking for the opposite..i have some complete fpsc games downlaod for free of bought on steam and these ahs the complete levels in them so i was asking if was possible to open these complete levels into fpsc to study how them were done and learn something from that
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2016 15:26
I seriously doubt it would be possible.

Thats part of the reason we provide demo maps in black ice as I agree its very useful to see real examples of things being done.

I believe some of the FPSC model packs (most of which are free) also come with example maps so I would grab those also.

JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
yes i have all the model packs from tgc purchased over past years and .fp files are very handly for learning pourpose..but having full games to be disassembled would be a great resource..

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 08:57:44
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 08:57:44