Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Keeping Up Motivations

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2016 16:22
So, some of you may have seen a lot of posts with this title. Well, I seem to need something inspiration to keep me going. I had made a very nice story and have prototyped two maps of my game. But due to life and time constraints and family constraints and my own laziness, I cannot seem to figure out what to do. I have given up all hope of making this game come true. Although it is in the pre-production phase and I have the ability to make it come true, but you know, the title of this thread happened. Please help!
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2016 14:30
Mriganka
I think we have all been there also Gets exhausting, doesn't it?
I find it best to take a short break, and re-think the story line. You will be
surprised how new ideas just pop up all of a sudden. The new ideas
and changes keep driving myself forward.
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 26th Sep 2016 03:54
Sorry for the late reply but as ncmako said, we've all been there. Allow me to share a few ways I've learned to overcome this common problem.

1. Make a plan. Things like games, books, and many other creative projects have a way of growing, often too large and out of control. Without a clear plan it's too easy to loose direction and motivation.
2. Share your plan. There are two good reasons to do this. One, if others are interested you'll be motivated to show your work and two, it's harder to give up after you told others what you were going to do. No one wants to look like a quitter.
3. Stick to the plan. Resist the urge to change or add to the plan. Seeing your project getting bigger instead of smaller is discouraging. You can always go back when you're done and make changes, after you see the finished picture.
4. Create clear waypoints. These can be whatever you want: stories, character placement, puzzle elements, rooms in a level or even levels themselves. Check off these waypoints on your list as you complete them. The more items on the list, the more you can check off. Realizing progress is a great motivator.
5. Relax. Don't set unrealistic goals that set you up for disappointment. Each time you work on it, get a little done or a lot, but don't sweat it. If you turn it into a chore, you probably won't do it well.
Characters. You build them a world and what do they do? They moonwalk, get stuck in the walls and fall through the floors!
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2016 19:57
Thank you all for your advise!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 01:43:19
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 01:43:19