Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Dark Basic Pro with Windows XP - how?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
So I have a laptop with Windows XP on which I used to have the free version of Dark Basic Pro, which I then uninstalled. Today, I decided to reinstall it, I inserted the verification code I had received by email, but the application says it cannot connect to the server.
Under "Product Keys" in my profile page, I found a link to the open source version of Dark Basic Pro (the link was called "Dark Basic Pro Activator"), so I downloaded it and overwrote the files of my installation as per the instructions. As a result, Launch.exe quits with an error ("not a valid Win32 application"). Now the question is: how do I run Dark Basic Pro on Windows XP?
Derek Darkly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2016 22:47
Here are the DBP registration certificates I was given.
Send your parents to noisy sprite demo hell... enter the D-Zone

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Devil Master
Years of Service
User Offline
What do I do with them?
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 12th Aug 2016 09:43
Copy them over to you dark basic installation root folder
Professional Programmer, languages: SAS, C++, SQL, PL-SQL, DBPro, Purebasic, JavaScript, others
James H
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 12th Aug 2016 15:12 Edited at: 12th Aug 2016 17:28
Maybe I am wrong here but it sounds as though you have overwritten using all the files in the activator link - you only needed the contents of the certificates folder to be copied over and replace any existing ones. It might be wise to delete the certificate folder contents in your DBP installation first, as the contents look like some unique code so having both lots might I suppose cause a conflict for the IDE. I think you need to uninstall, delete any files left behind and reinstall. Then delete the certificates folder if there is one followed by copying the certificates folder from the activator link download to the place you deleted the other certificates folder from.

The DBP version in the activator link is a very different version of DBP than the one you want to install but the certificates should activate all products once moved over. This version is the version they made open source and the only one available officially. This version was basically a version they rolled back from the latest available update, to a point where they felt it was stable so they could work with the source and then proceeded to create GameGuru with it(GameGuru I think is the replacement for FPSC Reloaded). It also has a faster compiler which is very different to original DBP but it doesn't support or behave well with all plugins. There is a stickied post at the top of this board called "DBPro out in the open" if you want to read up on it.

A user made the old version available in the links of this post

This was the latest work on upgrades

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-08 03:20:34
Your offset time is: 2024-09-08 03:20:34