Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Adding resources to EXE.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2003 14:47
I only just noticed that there is an option on the DBPro IDE to include all your resources within the EXE. Is there anything special I have to include in code in order to load these resources that differs from loading images and such straight from the disk?

Tron Software
Sly D
Years of Service
User Offline
Nope it just protects all your media referencing is the same... why don't you try it for yourself.

A cute looking koala with a WHAT!? THEY can't use Kalashnikovs, can they?
Rage_Matrix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2003 20:26
Ah. I figured that you couldn't use regular file names because it would try to load whichever file you specified from the HD. The only experience of enclosing media within EXEs is with C++ (win32) where you then supply a reference value that corresponds to the resource file script for the media from within the EXE. Guess DBPro takes care of all that for you Neat.

Tron Software
the_winch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2003 21:17
I would be wary of using full paths (c:\media\images\image.bmp).
If you use full paths you can't test to see if you remebered to add all the media to the exe by moving the exe out of the project file and running it.

Move all the media you need to the projects dir and use relative paths to load it (media\images\image.bmp). Then when you add media to the exe all you have to do to test is move the compiled exe out of the project folder and run it.

dbpro : p166mmx @ 233 : 256mb : sb 128pci : sis onboard

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 11:46:11
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 11:46:11