Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / WebStats

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2003 18:24
Does anyone know of a good free visitor stats program?

In december, I've received over 7000 hits and I've no idea where my visitors are going. Likewise, perhaps half or more of that 7000 could be the same person, and I know a few stat programs have IP filtering.

I'm got php and mysql, so a flatfile isn't needed, but I'd sure appreciate any ideas on a GOOD system.

TIA

~ J ~
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2003 18:40
can't the web server portion do this for you? I am pretty sure IIS has something like this that you can set (logging), or whatever web server you are using. Or download a free http sniffer that logs the http data. Then parse it out in your own little app or something.

just some thoughts

-RUST-

VB.NET makes me all goose-pimply!
JSN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2003 18:44
Well, I get log files, and access to webalizer, but this isn't show what pages get what. It only shows how many hits, peak times, visitor locations, etc, etc.

I do have actualanalyzer lite which is good, but I need to place an image at the base (or somewhere at least) for it to work, and it looks awful.

IIS does have the functionality, but my site is hosted on a sun cobalt, so it's a different ballgame I'm affraid.

vb.net makes you all goose-pimply! Crikey, it makes me have a hot-flush...

~ J ~
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2003 20:34
nice!

-RUST-

VB.NET makes me all goose-pimply!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 22:37:09
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 22:37:09