Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Need help with tons of scripting!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 7th Oct 2016 15:37
Im going to make a series of complicated scripting, and I am not sure if all will work out...

Here is what Im gonna do:

1. Enter the hospital and say hello to Lucy who stop her pathwalking to say hello back!
This is fixed.

2. Talk to Weisman and when He has talked activate triggerzone 1 and 2 when leave the room, and the ECG alarm starts. The Sounds are fixed but dont know how to change the ECG Alttexture in triggerzone 1 or 2?

3.Lucy stops her pathwalking and starts following player. She is screaming Cardiac arrest (Heartstop), a timer shows on the screen counting down for about 20 seconds (The time the patient has to live if no adrenalin injection)

4. Player finds the locker with the adrenalin, its locked with a big lock so Player has to shoot the lock and the locker opens Player takes the syringe and runs for the sick guy.

5. Now Player must inject the adrenalin in the man who have a heartstop within the 20 seconds, otherwise He dies and the game is Game Over

6. If the sick mans heart starts to beat again, the ECG sound and alttex changes back to normal. The timer is removed from the screen.

7. While player has been in the hospital room Weisman has moved to the lift, ready to send up Walter (Player) to the next level, which (thank god) dosnt need so mutch scripting as level 1...

Is all this possible???

Attachments

Login to view attachments
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 7th Oct 2016 22:18
I'm gonna need more time. It took more than 20 seconds just to read it!
Characters. You build them a world and what do they do? They moonwalk, get stuck in the walls and fall through the floors!
Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
ok, I am out of this stuff since a long time now but I remeber some things. I am not sure how black ice mod works and what it supports, so I am not 100% correct.
1) Yes. Did something similar in my game
2) Yes. To change alttextures just activate the entity per trigger or use vars
3) Yes. I think there is a command followplr and etimerstart/etimergreater + sound commands.
4) Not sure but I think yes, an entity can do somthing if it recives damage => hide it and activate door (commands: health/strength)
5) Hmmm, with a keypress it is simple, with an weapon which inject the adrenalin it could be hard, but not impossible
6) same as 3. so I think yes
7) Should the player see the movement? But I also would say yes it is possible

PredicateC - FPSC to GameGuru FPE converter
https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/211068
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2016 21:12
Take Your time xplosys... (Hope You can help Me later)
Corno_1 Thanks for Your help. Ill also thought it was a good idea to make the syringe as a weapon. and set a (invisable) box over the chest and arm area, then set the health to 1000000 or something?
By the way, Im not using black ice mod, I tested it on My lowspec laptop and it was really laggy! I want My game to be played on lowspec computers as well, so I use Vanilla...

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2016 22:05
"just activate the entity per trigger" How do I do that? Can You show Me a script???
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 9th Oct 2016 00:22
Quote: "Take Your time xplosys..."

Sorry, I was just being cute.
I don't know a script from a hole in the ground, and we both know there are plenty of holes in the ground in FPSC.
You're needing the scripting master ncmako.
Characters. You build them a world and what do they do? They moonwalk, get stuck in the walls and fall through the floors!
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2016 19:42
He seems to have a well-deserved vacation...
Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: ""just activate the entity per trigger" How do I do that? Can You show Me a script???"

ok, it should be like this:

entity with alttexture(target):
:state=0,activated=4:alttexture=1,state=1

trigger(like plr is in zone or any other event) if used file should have target entity name in it
:state=0,plrwithinzone=1:activateifused=4,state=1
PredicateC - FPSC to GameGuru FPE converter
https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/211068
ncmako
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 10th Oct 2016 02:37
Mr Love
Nope, not on a vacation... I'm lurking checking in when I can.
Just busy working all weekend and banging out weapons at night.
I'll help out where I can in cpl days.
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2016 16:22 Edited at: 10th Oct 2016 21:42
You are the best Corno_1!!! He is finally dead, Yes Yes Yes!!! And here is the proof... Thanks again for Your help Corno_1 (I forgot You cant hear the ecg alarm)

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 22:21:27
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 22:21:27