Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Packt Publishing is running their $5 book and video sale

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2016 01:26 Edited at: 20th Dec 2016 01:29
Just an FYI here that Packt Publishing is running their $5 sale.

Might be a good time to get some books or videos to help with game dev (or other interests).

Unfortunately, I could not find any books on AppGameKit there. Are there any books on AppGameKit available anywhere... like has anyone written one?
I thought I remembered seeing a book about AppGameKit game dev a year or so ago. But don't remember where now.

Besides being helpful for people to learn AppGameKit books themselves showing up on sites such as PacktPub and Amazon are marketing. A way for more people to hear about AGK.

Anyway, they do have books on C++ and also for Blender.
TI/994a (BASIC) -> C64 (BASIC/PASCAL/ASM/Others) -> Amiga (AMOS/BLITZ/ASM/C/Gamesmith) -> DOS (C/C++/Allegro) -> Windows (C++/C#/Monkey X/GL Basic/Unity/Others)
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2016 10:11 Edited at: 20th Dec 2016 10:12
Fantastic link, thank you.

AGK book - http://www.digital-skills.co.uk/agkbooks.html

Last year those books would be around £3.00 GBP.
Now they are £4.74 GBP!
Damn politicians messing things up.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2016 21:34
Unfortunately, I've hated ebooks ever since my college started using them senior year. (it was awhile ago) A few pages of info, fine. But a book with a few hundred pages of technical material I much prefer to have a tangible book I can flip through or jump between marked pages more easily. But for only $5, it may be worth a look.

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
GarBenjamin
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2016 00:27
Glad to share the link. Hopefully there is something interesting there for you folks.

Thanks for the link to the AppGameKit books as well. I may grab one of them. Although I find AppGameKit to be incredibly straightforward to develop in. Best thing I have found since AMOS & Blitz.
TI/994a (BASIC) -> C64 (BASIC/PASCAL/ASM/Others) -> Amiga (AMOS/BLITZ/ASM/C/Gamesmith) -> DOS (C/C++/Allegro) -> Windows (C++/C#/Monkey X/GL Basic/Unity/Others)
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2016 13:01
Quote: " Best thing I have found since AMOS & Blitz."

When you realise that Lee Bamber (head developer) started with AMOS (and had commercial titles published) and was in competition with Blitz in the early noughties (with DB Classic and DB Pro), it explains an awful lot.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
GarBenjamin
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2016 15:47
@BatVink wow... I remember that name from 20+ years ago. F1 Licenseware point and click adventure Relics of something. And a couple other different games I remember his name associated with as well. That is awesome and yes no wonder AppGameKit is so damn good.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 15:14:49
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 15:14:49