Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / Google Play Game Services

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello everyone!
I just bought App Game Kit 2 and I'm wondered if I can use Google Play Game Services (such as Leaderboards, achievments etc.) in my Android game. I can't find any commands in the documentation (only commands for using iOS Game Center).
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2017 22:44
The Game Center commands connect to the appropriate service for the platform the game is running on. If you are running on Android it will connect to Google Game Services.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2017 14:17
Welcome to AGK2 Danieo!

One thing to be aware of: Using a leaderboard whilst broadcasting your app (for testing) appears to break the leaderboard, so you will need to create another in Google Game Services in your dev console (not fully confirmed, but at least that was the experience I had when creating Aaargh! Ducks!, and Funnel7 had a similar experience with Block Shot! so worth keeping in mind).
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
Creative Magic Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2017 10:45
Where do you put the Application Ids ( as requested in Google development) such as App ID, Achievement I'D & Leader board ID in your AppGameKit code.

Also, did you use Tier 2 (as most suggest on the forums) or just normal Tier 1 code to setup/use a leader board?

If you could give us a brief overview of setting up a leader board with the Gamecenter commands & the setup screens in Google dev that would be great.

Good luck on your games CJB. Hope they do well.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 18:57:33
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 18:57:33