Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Saving Images to camera roll on iOS without getting the dialog message

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Is it possible to Save Images to camera roll on iOS without getting the dialog message that says an image was saved (when using PrintImage)? Or can I adapt the text in the dialog prompt?
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
I requested this last year as well. It breaks the user experience, has no localization or translation and is a very crude and obsolete manner of notifying the user that something has been saved. Here were my original comments and recommendations back then, would be nice for Paul to correct. I still don't like that this command is hacked onto the "PrintImage" command that was originally meant for printing to a printer, it'd make much more sense to just expand the SaveImage() function with one more parameter to specify saving to the public document folder versus internal storage.

Quote: "RE: PrintImage (Save To Photo Library)

Using this command to save to the photo library on iOS/Android forces an alert box open every time that says "Message - Image has been saved to your photos folder" without any option for customization or to disable the alert outright. It also is not localized so always displays only in English. This can completely break the user experience and would be much better suited as a silent callback method similar to the GetHTTPResponseReady() method, so that users can handle it as they please. I would suggest a command GetImageSaveResponse() that would return 1 after the image has been saved successfully, so that the developer can display an alert or inform the user in a less intrusive and more personalized manner.

Related, I would like to have the ability to specify a custom album within the Photo Library (such as the app's name) for the images to be saved when using this command. I'm working on an app that may feature heavy saving in this manner and it'd be nicer to not clog up the user's main photo album with all of these images. But the alert is of higher priority to make customizable."
Braj
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the response and insight. Hey Paul, if you see this, what are the chances of taking xCept's suggestions into consideration for the next set of updates? At a minimum could we get the ability to change the text in your dialog prompt (with printimage) or to stop the dialog completely?
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2017 02:52
The message has been removed for the next version
Braj
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice! Thanks Paul

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-12 03:49:46