Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / unable to read sd card image completely

Author
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2017 17:55
Not sure if anyone here can help me. I have an SD card running retropie. It's always worked fine. I wanted to pull some files off it so I plugged in (tried two different computers) and the only drive that pops up is the boot image. Far as I can remember, it was never partitioned into two parts but I can't see any the actual files. But the files are there because the pi works. Plus, I can access the directory structure using ssh remotely. Don't know why I can't see it plugging the SD card into my PC.

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2017 18:00
Plugged in to Linux pc or Windows pc?

Can check it with diskpart or similar to see if there is an inaccessible partition
http://games.joshkirklin.com/sulium

A single player RPG featuring a branching, player driven storyline of meaningful choices and multiple endings alongside challenging active combat and intelligent AI.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2017 07:32
I have the same issue, so the first thing to say is it is normal, not corrupted.
I didn't have time to look into it further, so I will watch this thread for an answer.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2017 14:45 Edited at: 5th Feb 2017 15:07
I think I found an answer. While the boot partition is readable by Windows (FAT I believe), the other partitioned in a linux format. So it's possible we only see a single partition because it doesn't know what the other one is in windows. I'll stick it in linux and see if they both show up.

Yup, that was it. Windows can't see the partition but linux can.

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2017 15:21
You can get utilities and drivers for windows that allow you to read linux partitions (ext3/4 etc.). http://www.ext2fsd.com/ for example.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 17:04:48
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 17:04:48