Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / Creating a business to use in-app purchases

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello

I think this question has probably been asked before, but I thought I'd ask again anyway. I have a puzzle game in the Google play store which is totally free, but I want to make a new version that has in-app purchases for new level packs. I've done some research and it seems the best way is to register as a sole trader and possibly use your home address for the business (although I understand Google will make it public, which scares me a bit). Some of my friends have warned me that being a business brings admin and complications that you need to deal with. And it depends on how much money you make. If I go to the trouble of registering a business and then make £10 in a year it's a waste of time. Could I do it without a business and then if I'm make trillions of pounds get a business later?

Has anybody, as an individual, set up a business and made money through their apps?

What advice can you give?
Many thanks
niansenx
Years of Service
User Offline
Another thought: are there any companies who can take the money for you and pass on the proceeds, taking a cut obviously. That might be an easier option for me.
niansenx
Years of Service
User Offline
Actually I think I have found my way forward now.
BenjiBenjamin123
Years of Service
User Offline
Niansenx - I agree with you, I think so too!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 14:21:56
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 14:21:56