Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Nothing works suddenly, now I cant turn back the water???

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 16th Feb 2017 13:24
Suddenly nothing works on My game! Now the water is gone as well. Its nothing wrong with My water-script I think sence it worked fine with another save, so what is the problem???

:state=0,plrwithinzone=1:water=1,state=1
:state=1,plrwithinzone=0:water=1

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2017 17:22
I think there should be something to indicate the waterheight or something. I will get back to you once I have checked.
2S!K
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Working on "This Is Home" an FPSc project
Posted: 16th Feb 2017 21:06
Correct^^^
Try deleting a floor segment or concrete tube to see if you can see water at the base of the map. When water is created with "water=1" it starts from the very first layer. So you must add a "waterheight=" command to tell it how high you want the water. Keep in mind 100=1 layer, so 50=half layer, 75=3/4 of a layer etc..
Also do you wish for the water to stay on after you leave your trigger zone or do you wish for it to be removed? In your code both your values are "water=1". To remove water set the value to 0. If you want the water to stay on this should work fine, remember to change the water height to what you want.
2S!K Productions
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2017 22:56
Yes, what 2S!K said, also...you can hit the " [ " or " ] " keys to temp. remove all segment & static entity textures.
That way you can see thru the floors if your water level is too low. So if your at level 6 and your water is set to "waterheight=510"
you'll never see it.
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2017 23:11 Edited at: 16th Feb 2017 23:35
Thanks for so many and speedy answers. BTW when You testrun FPSC You shourld be able to raise and lower the water with pgup=waterup pgdn=waterdown, how come that dosnt work? And the waterlevel is set at another triggerzone...
Ok, now I have tried to remove segments, and it looks dry like a desert! I also tried the script but nothing works...
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2017 00:21
Mr Love
Quote: "raise and lower the water with pgup=waterup pgdn=waterdown, how come that dosnt work"

Yes that's correct. Something seems afoul? Try a simple small test map and see, if still doesn't work, a reinstall may be necessary?
By chance, please post the script your using so we can see if that's the problem....
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
2S!K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2017 03:28
Yes try a test map with a simple script in a trigger zone, :state=0:water=1,state=1 to help debug the problem. Did you perform an update since the last test? I had a problem with my culling system after an update I did and it gave me a headache since I thought it was the fpm file.
Also check your "effectbank>common>" to see if you have your water fx file? If all fails might want to try the dreadful reinstall process.
2S!K Productions
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2017 07:38
Yea, I did try a testmap, and it works like a charm! I wonder if You Guys have misunderstood Me. The water always works fine until I turn it off. (And I have to turn it off before the shootout, otherwise the enemys are a bit slow) The problem comes when I want to turn it back, with "water_on".. Here is a zip-file with all the scripts I use (3) scripts...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
2S!K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2017 08:08
@Mr Love
Hmm I see that your using multiple scripts, this may be the problem. One script says the water should always be on, the other on while not in zone, the other off while not in zone.
If these are all in the same map you most definitely will have a problem. You need to shut off and on the water accordingly to each spot while not interfering with what the other scripts are doing.
As always, Game on! -2S!K Productions
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2017 08:36
It worked fine in other maps... If its not correct programmed, why not help Me with something that works?
2S!K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2017 06:00 Edited at: 18th Feb 2017 06:25
@Mr Love
Quote: "why not help Me with something that works?"

I am trying to help you that's why I responded to this thread. I'm not here to create your script for you, as the forum states "this is not a request board". However I often find myself doing so since its simpler than trying to explain. If you want me to create scripts for you DM me and include me in the credits.

Now then, try not using the script that always sets the water to on or at least increment the state so it initializes it then stops.
For the other 2 replace the second line with something that says when player is not in zone loop back to the previous state. Don't worry, you already initialized the water value so the second line is not needed.
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2017 13:29
Yea, I did bring back the water. Its kind a silly how easy it was! (But the old script worked at first, thats kind of strange) But however, if You want credits You have to do something good for the game. What I need now is an AI for those small tunnels. Can You make that? I did make some changes to strafeforward.fpi and it works ok, but not perfect. So its up to You if You want credit...

2S!K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2017 15:58
Glad to see you worked it out. Im curious to know what the solution was in case someone runs into a similar problem.
An "AI for those small tunnels" is very broad you should take into consideration the character and what you want it to do. You may have tons of problems with this AI due to the curved collision of the tunnel, may be better to have him use a waypoint throughout the tunnels. Anyways good luck!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 15:34:34
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 15:34:34