Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / 3d game maker question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2003 02:40
Hi, I want to purchase the rd game maker, but I was wondering if you can load your own levels into the game. Because I am also interested in buiyng cartography shop, but I need to know if u can load your own levels.

Animecivil
Jaze
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2003 02:48
yeah but collision... walking inside your level... gonna need to find code to help you. Loading them is ez - export the project to an "X" file and in db load object "filename.x",1

just remember there is also code that does it the hardway - BUT they may have bothered to write such code for a reason I haven't investigated yet. (Or they were just being adventurous)

-=/Jaze/=-
the_winch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2003 03:04
3d game maker = http://t3dgm.thegamecreators.com/ not darkbasic. I think Jaze has the two confused.

I don't think there are many people here who use 3d game maker so you might be better off reading the faq and/or contacting support.
http://t3dgm.thegamecreators.com/?f=support

dbpro : p166mmx @ 233 : 256mb : sb 128pci : sis onboard
Anime civil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2003 03:45
hmmmmm.... What about if I try making the level into an object, and convert th3e object into a solid

Animecivil
Anime civil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2003 03:46
PS: Why doesnt anyone use the 3d game maker?

Animecivil
Alkaline
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2003 03:48
because in dbc and dbpro you have much more power in contolling the way your game is made. and you can make much more things then just games.

~Might be new but ill be on the top...Just watch~
Jaze
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2003 03:51
because to sell your game costs additional $500 for a license - the game engine(s) are (i guess) prewritten... so if your into DRAWING and setting up levels and drawing characters - its nice - to look at. Fast - Great for testing "models" and things maybe - I haven't used it. Programmers tend to like full control. This often means they may never finish one game because of all the work thats involved (in addition to drawing levels... etc) but IT DOES mean that they have the "ground work" to make any game they want - its just MUCH MUCH harder -

Getting a mouse driven menu (That the keys work also) is a feat in it of itself! LEt alone a game with multi levels - cinimatics - audio - music - bad guys - explosions - scores - goals....ugh... the list goes on

Basically - its not programming - so you don't have control of the computer - you have control of "the media" mostly. (and you game behaves like a million others just like it) which kinda happens anyway.......

I dunno - for me - I like the power of doing it the hardway- write your own code

-=/Jaze/=-
Anime civil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2003 03:59
sorry I'm so stupid but my main question was CAN I IMPORT LEVELS MADE IN CARTOGRAPHY SHOP INTO GAME MAKER

Plz just answer that one question

Animecivil
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2003 13:00
No.

Well, T3DGM uses little sections, probably so that it can have some sort of detail hiding code. I'm not too sure about collision detection, I reckon it uses an internal box collision routine - so your pretty much stuck with the prefab levels. There is the maze level editor which I nagged and nagged for while beta testing, but it's a bit limited.

Not great news. You could change the level component models, but not the collision data.

For the future...
There's is a new game creation package on the horizon from the TGC team, FPS creator - which is looking pretty damn cool and will have it's own level editors and lightmapper. Might be more what your after, T3DGM is written in DarkBASIC v1.09 - which is about 3 years old now - FPS creator is being written in C++ using DBPro .dlls so should be capable of so much more.

Van-B

Next time he runs past, GRAB HIM!
Anime civil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2003 04:45
Onemore thing. So I thought that instead, I'll just load some big ass level, make OBJECTS, like a skyscraper, and load it in. That was I'll do the level the way I want to do it. Is that possible?

Animecivil
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2003 18:36
You could replace any media you like, like the level sections could easily be modified and they'd be included with your compiled game - however you'll have to be carefull and select a good base level to get the collision right (like the alleys on one level could be made into skyscrapers.

Van-B

Next time he runs past, GRAB HIM!
dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2003 00:38
i dunno i like the 3d gamemaker u can import ur own models in .x format[img]

P8NTS
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2003 01:07
T3DGM = Weak. Like a leash on you, it prevents you from making a lot of games.
DBP = Powerful Much less of a leash on you

Dont forget to Join the Forums!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 15:14:05
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 15:14:05