Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / [LOCKED] about Blitz Basic

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2003 05:07
I know some of ya heard about Blitz Basic. I just wanted to know, does it use the VB6, 5, 4 verions of the Visual Basic language? or does Blitz Basic come with its own language?
Also, is it difficult to make games with?

Thanks, Brian

If you can think it, you can live it!
Easily Confused
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2003 05:10
This has no relevance to this forum at all

Programming anything is an art, and you can't rush art.
Unless your name is Bob Ross, then you can do it in thirty minutes.
HZence
Years of Service
User Offline
Erm, BB is its own version of BASIC, just as DB is its own version, VB is its own, etc.

But yeah pretty much what easily confused said...wrong forum

Team EOD :: Programmer/Storyboard Assistant
zenassem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2003 05:20 Edited at: 16th Dec 2003 06:15
Brian,

Being that this is a DarkBasic forum, you would probably be better off posting this question on Blitz's forum.

Games programming is always difficult. For people like myself who have coded games in C++, I find by using DBPRO my development time has dropped 85%. In fact certain apps I wouldn't have had the stomache to beign in C++. But games are still difficult in general. As far as BlitzBasic I wouldn't know. Download both of the trials and choose which one suits you best. If you choose DBP, I can tell you that there are many people here who devote ungodly hours to helping others. This is by far the most accepting, friendly, & helpful forums that I have visited on the net. Good luck!

(going out on a limb here; but from what I know BlitzBasic like DarkBasic hass it's own language and syntax, it follows a lot of standard basic enhanced with commands, and structures, to handle more complex an modern gaming demands. I downloaded both and was happier with DarkBasic. My decision was also based on the fact that the DBPro people answered my questions and responded to download both and decide for myself; where as I was flamed and my post deleted on the other site. That was then and since then I haven't turned back)

Slayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2003 07:33 Edited at: 16th Dec 2003 07:36
...go zenassem
BB uses DX7.0 still dosent it \as for DB DX9.0.
BB has a funny name. I got DB because of the name and hade made a good dis.....! Im glad they have a funny name. Every time I say it
if think of football! I wonder why?

.....I dont know how to spell
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2003 14:17
As this has no relevence, its going to be locked.

Did you bring the cloak of invisibility ? Oh damn, I left it in the bag of forgetfulness...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 15:07:48
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 15:07:48