Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / How do I make an object 3D run and jump?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,

First time here at TGC forums Hello everyone!

I have been viewing this forum for a while and figured I'd join this incredible community. Allmost my whole life I've wanted nothing more then to create video game entertainment for people and within the past few years I've started obtaining the knowledge on how to do so. And have recently (9 months) baught Dark Basic Classic.

I'm 22 years old and I'm only getting older so I'm working on building a game of expected low gameplay just to get the 3D Basics down. But theres a problem. I can get my object to move around the arena (left, right, foward, back) as I do not understand gravity yet.

I've been researching on how to create gravity to no avail. I want to simple make my object jump on command using the spacebar.

If someone could break it down for me that'd help me out so much!

~Falling Down~
Alien
Years of Service
User Offline
There is a tutorial for movement: Tutorial 10
This is the code:

I guess you don't need the part of animation

Static-X!!
Bishop
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2003 22:52 Edited at: 16th Dec 2003 22:53
here is a great gravity and jumping example from darkbasic example lists.....note i did not create this....
good luck
Bishop

btw- welcome to the forums, glad to have you

"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live so when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 15:21:22
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 15:21:22