Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Make a radar camera issue and cloggy 3d circle

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2017 04:35
I'm sure I'm just not putting the camera commands in a certain order to get the desired effect. I'd like to have my primary camera (camera 1) be the whole screen and drawn first. The second camera is used to display radar items and will be 125x125 in size. Also, I'm using cloggy's 3d circle function and I'd like to see it only used in the radar camera/view here's the code below to show what I have so far:

also the 3d circle code below:

of course I'm using the "paste image 20, 505, 18 `Camera Radar View" to show the image that has the camera set to it in the upper right corner of the screen. Also, cloggy's 3d circle "seems" to draw to the 2nd camera, just in the wrong spot on the screen. maybe in coding cloggy forgot to put certain offsets in place. I hope that's not the case cause cloggy probably hasn't messed with the dll's in years.
WickedX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2017 00:53
Not bad! Just needs a couple tweaks.

JoeOh45240
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2017 21:56
WickedX, I ran your code by itself and it runs as intended also the 3d circle works too. But when I insert it into my code it doesn't work. what are the usual culprits that get in the way of camera commands like this? I put the camera code in the beginning part of the program after the screen resolution command. the 3d circle command is put in my main loop before the txt commands. so close yet so far away-
WickedX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2017 23:59
The defaults cameras (camera 0) backdrop is off by default. When you create a camera the backdrop is on by default. Instead of using camera 1 for the Main View, I utilized camera 0, because of that I turn the default backdrop on. Since you're creating both cameras, this shouldn't matter. I did this because camera 1 was just covering the default camera anyway.

The camera code is fine, same as I used. I think the main issue is turning the camera sync on and syncing the cameras in your main loop. If you are still setting camera 2 to an image, this could be the fault. I don't think this is necessary. You should also set the Main View camera as the current camera and leave it. You can draw everything to camera 2 you should need.
JoeOh45240
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2017 05:50
I got it figured out...it works pretty good now. Not sure how far I can take this "project". I'll try to take it as far as I can. I think most of the technical aspects of this project are possible within DBPro. Only time will tell. Have a peak at the screenshot to see what I'm workin on.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
WickedX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2017 23:28
Looks Sharp! Good luck.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 15:28:27
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 15:28:27