Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Raspberry Pi / Anything interesting being done with PI yet?

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2017 23:19
Title says it all. Anyone messing with GPIO and having fun?
My PI arrived today, but the mini SD flasher that came with it didn't work

Itching to try some stuff, but wondering what people have got up to so far?
Green7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2017 09:38
Got a Pi, but never tried to do something with it. used it to build a portable mini arcade...
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2017 09:42
I made a fundraising game, but I have hardware/software interface issues.

It's a 4-player game based on a fruit machine. I have 4 arcade buttons, one for each player.
The fruit machine starts and the reels run havok, slowing down, speeding up, reversing direction.
When your reel stops and it's your colour, you score points for hitting the button. The faster you hit, the more you score.
If you hit and it's not your colour, you lose points. The reels don't always stop at the same time so you can be distracted by other players reels.
Winner is the one with most points.
It is for school and church fairs etc to raise money.

My problem - The GPIO pins start with an arbitrary 0 or 1. Although this can be set on the PI to a specific value, you can't set it through AGK. This causes a number of issues for me that I can't work around at the moment.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
nz0
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2017 22:41
Well, I had a play tonight and have a few questions. I've tried a few setting changes here and there but wonder if it's as fast graphically as it could be:

1. Using any GL drivers in the PIXEL raspbian don't work with AGK
2. My initial bouncing around with joy mode deflated when I found the GPU bottleneck (FPS collapses and there's still only 10% cpu usage)
3. There doesn't appear to be a stable 64bit OS build yet for the PI

Also, I am assuming then that we can't use AppGameKit on the PI for console apps (just GUI?)

Your GPIO pin values: can't you initialize the GPIO with a little python program on boot-up?

I saw in another post about buttons and USB - just get one of these: programmable keyboard inputs with up to 56 channels. Even keeps settings onboard with no power These new ones even have trackball and spinner controls.

janbo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2017 00:09 Edited at: 11th May 2017 00:18
I Made a SmartMirror which shows me the Date, the Weather with humidity, raining chance, temperature and so on if I want to go for a ride on my motorbikes,
my Steam Friends and if they are online and what they are playing and
my actual loaded 3D Printer Files and how long the would take and if they are done.

Currently i'm printing a case for an old laptop trackpad which I will be using to recognize gestures to switch some GUI

I'm trying to make the rpi go to sleep mode if it is later than 24:00 and wake up at 7:00 but switching the SetSleepMode(Value) doesn't work while running
I wan't the display to turn off

Using AGKv2 Tier1

Attachments

Login to view attachments
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2017 16:44
I had to increase the GPU memory from the default 64MB to 256MB.
Thanks for the info on the Pins, I will look into it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
nz0
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2017 23:38 Edited at: 15th May 2017 23:39
Let me know how you go.. Will be looking at this again soon..

Cool project btw Janbo
Cybermind
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2017 13:48
@janbo Cool mirror

I have a problem with my PI project. I use it as a small server. I have a bug thread here:https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/219517, but I would like someone to confirm or dismiss my bug. It would be super nice if someone would try

13/0

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 05:19:42
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 05:19:42