Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

iOS and MacOS / [SOLVED] How can I change the bundle identifier of the iOS Template...in order to use lay device for testing?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2017 23:44 Edited at: 12th May 2017 23:58
Hi,
I've been playing around with the iOS templates in the latest version of Xcode.
I use the iOS template that comes with the C++ libraries. And it works fine. I can "simulate" how the app is supposed to look on many iOS devices.
But there is also another, far better option for actually running a build on a connected device: you can plug your iPhone via USB, and supposedly you will see how the app works "natively" right on your device.
The device must be assigned to the same AppleID as the one for the "developer". But once I do so, I get the two following errors (Screenshot Attached):

1) Failed to create provisioning profile.
The app ID "com.thegamecreators.AGKTemplate" cannot be registered to your development team. Change your bundle identifier to a unique string to try again.

2) No profiles for 'com.thegamecreatorsAGKTemplate' were found
Xcode couldn't find a provisioning profile matching 'com.thegamecreatorsAGKTemplate'.

How can I fix this?
How does one change the bundle identifier of the template?

Thanks a lot for answer
iMac Book Pro
MacOs 10.12.4
Xcode 8.3.2

iPhone 6, iOS 9.35

Attachments

Login to view attachments

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

Jerry McGuire
Years of Service
User Offline
OK, I apparently found out how to fix my problem. I'll write it down, in case it's useful for somebody else:

Look at the image that I previously attached again. The only step missing is to change the "Bundle Identifier", which appears just a few lines above the Team Signing.
You can use any Bundle Identifier (so far I've seen). What matters is that you 'get rid' of the AppGameKit team identifier ".com.thegamecreators.AGKTemplate"
iMac Book Pro
MacOs 10.12.4
Xcode 8.3.2

iPhone 6, iOS 9.35
RobbSnow
Years of Service
User Offline
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
Yes. Bundle identifiers are com.<yourcompanyname>.<appname>

You should create an entry for each game you develop in iTunes Connect. You can then push the game to your testing device with TestFlight. TF also has a bunch of neat features like inviting people to beta test your app on their devices.
Jerry McGuire
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks a lot. It worked fine after changing the bundle name

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 15:18:05
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 15:18:05