Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / stupid annoying website virus

Author
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2017 21:04
Browser kept bogging down and finally locked up my pc. Had no choice but to reboot. Restored my tabs in chrome and immediately started slowing down. Task manager showed a chrome process at over 4GB in memory. Something triggered this popup that wouldn't go away. Basically it just reloading itself constantly. Tried to delete all instances of it from history but after 1600+ I gave up. Gotta delete my history and forget whatever pages I had previously opened. Frustrating. Chrome should have something in place that prevents a tab from reloading so many times per second.

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2017 23:13
Ahh, that reminds me of a program I created way back. It just opened calculators as fast as possible, which turned out to be something like several dozen per second. A reboot was necessary
"I do quite enjoy quoting myself, and I do so often. It's very fun." - Myself
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Dota 2
Posted: 22nd May 2017 02:36
Perhaps there's a plugin that can prevent this happening?

Quote: "Ahh, that reminds me of a program I created way back. It just opened calculators as fast as possible, which turned out to be something like several dozen per second. A reboot was necessary "

It was notepad for me

My Games - Latest WIP - My Website: Immortal.Digital - FB - Twitter
130,000 installs with AppGameKit and counting
Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2017 03:32
Quote: "It was notepad for me"
Lol! And probably right after you discovered that you could make your programs open others?
"I do quite enjoy quoting myself, and I do so often. It's very fun." - Myself
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Dota 2
Posted: 22nd May 2017 04:06
Quote: "Lol! And probably right after you discovered that you could make your programs open others"

This. It was also before I learned that you should always have an exit condition for loops

My Games - Latest WIP - My Website: Immortal.Digital - FB - Twitter
130,000 installs with AppGameKit and counting
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2017 23:11
Reminds me of the poop "virus" I made back in dos. (it was really just an endless batch script)

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 10:07:14
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 10:07:14