Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Videos/DVD's for Christmas!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
What Videos/DVD's do you think would be good to get for Christmas?

I recommend....

Bottom 2003 Live! It's really fantastic maaaan!
Matrix Reloaded!

Don't get....

Hulk! It's nearly all talking all the way through!
Charlies Angels 2. It's not too bad, but not as good as the first!

Pincho.
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2003 17:09
I'm getting the new KoRn album, but a great xmas DVD is Bo' Selecta series 2, I reckon the woman has got that for me - Avid rocks!.

Van-B

Next time he runs past, GRAB HIM!
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2003 17:38
Avid rocks! Hehe I've been watching the repeats over last few weeks and is one of the funniest shows ever. Craaaaaig Daaaaaavid!!!

Definately not a show for the children to watch. His sexual fantasies about famous stars are a bit pervy to say the least.

Boo!
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2003 17:43
Indiana DVD Box set is a must, they also releaced a Collectors Edition Dark Crystal DVD if your a fan.

I've lost 25lb playing Dance Dance Revolution, no really!
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
I've never even heard of Dark Crystal..
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2003 19:06
Peter Kay live at the Bolton Albert Hall

Garlic Bread is the future...I've tasted it.

BatVink (formerly StevieVee)
http://facepaint.me.uk/catalog/default.php
JoelJ
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2003 07:42
New Radio season one...oh wait, they dont have one, but they should!

Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2003 16:49
The complete series of Jam. Was the funniest thing I have watched in years (with the exception of The Office). Also was truly shocking the first time I watched it. And that really really suprised me.

Ummm. Terminator boxset looks good (if I didn't have the first 2 of course).

And, I guess, the Ricky Gervais live DVD (animals?). Should be good.

Cheers

I am 99% probably lying in bed right now... so don't blame me for crappy typing
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2003 18:14
To tell the truth Ricky Gervais is not my cup of tea - David Brent is an amazing character, he reminds me so much of people I've worked with it's unreal - but I don't think he's that nice a bloke in real life, he's ultimately doomed to dissapoint people after the genius that was The Office, I can't see him ever doing better. The Office was great because of all the characters, Tim and Gary worked so well together, in fact they all played complacent office drones pretty well .

I like Peter Kay, that Garlic Bread line cracks me up everytime I hear it . Phoenix Nights is great.

It's actually pretty weird, because there's a few comedy shows on now that I can't miss, and it's shows that are not really new, just never noticed them before. Like Peep Show, with the 2 weird flatmates, and Little Britain (starring the awesome and under-rated Matt Lucas and his usual partner), even Bedsitcom is cool! - and that's reality TV .

Van-B

the_winch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2003 20:50
Peep show and little britian are proberly the best on at the moment. Don't like bedsitcom, getting a group of stupid people and filming them is getting a bit old and boring.

dbpro : p166mmx @ 233 : 256mb : sb 128pci : sis onboard
Chris K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2003 21:10
Betsitcom is taking the piss out of Big Brother.

Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Bedsitcom is cool! They tricked a guy into wearing womens knickers the other night!

The new South Park is good too!

Pincho.
HZence
Years of Service
User Offline
Hopefully the family guy season 1 set

Team EOD :: Programmer/Storyboard Assistant
ESC_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2003 23:25
The family guy season 1+2 DVD is great!
Hopefully, I'll be getting the Aqua Teen Hunger Force DVD.

''For nonconformity, the world whips you with its displeasure''---Ralph Waldo Emerson
Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2003 01:50
Have all 3 (and no more now!!!!) seasons of family guy. Best cartoon ever. Very good.

And get Jam. Is honestly very very very funny. And freaky. Very very very freaky. In a bad way

Oh, and has anyone seen the pilot show? Is on channel 4 on a friday, I think. Basically con unknown actors (and sometimes minor celebs) into doing pilot shows. Then they show clips of it. Is very amusing. Heh, one of the best was a pilot about people who have the same name as someone famous. They then get the person, and the famous person together. They start at 100% the same, then lose or gain points depending on how much they do things the same. So, for example, Anne Diamond had to choose a T-shirt that reflected her personality. She came back wearing one with some nice poem or other. Her namesake came back with one saying "For f**kity f**k f**k f**ks!!!" or something like that. Should have seen her face!!! Hohohoho!!!

Cheers

Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2003 01:55
Erm. Just noticed a comedy playing at the minute on the TV. Never seen it, and is called Peep show on channel 4. Seems quite funny, and pretty dark comedy. eg. Bloke using recently dead uncle as method for getting it off with a bird. Nice.

Cheers

indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2003 04:42 Edited at: 19th Dec 2003 04:43
omg pincho thats a classic movie!!!

im getting a dvd player for xmas for the lounge instead of sitting at the pc dvd-rw lol

Ive watched maybe 5 dvds, yeah i know but ive got a dvd burner for data back up and hardly sit around watching films anymore.

Im a movie go-er i guess.

btw

the internet movie database would be a good start

http://www.imdb.com/
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2003 10:36 Edited at: 19th Dec 2003 10:38
Dazzag,
You should have seen the episode on Wednesday (the stupid one did something unspeakable with his toker buddy).

Anyone in Britain should watch Harry Hill's TV Burp - is freakin awesome. Harry is one of the most naturally funny comedians since Tommy Cooper - you just have to look at him with his bald head and massive collar, he's nuts. He basically sits and makes fun of the last weeks TV, esp soaps like Eastenders and Emmerdale, a little like Bo' Selecta but not crude or creepy in any way. Incidently it's shown on Thursdays and Saturdays.

My favourite comedy show ever was Spaced, I've watched it on DVD several times and still laugh at it.

Van-B

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 22:35:32
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 22:35:32