Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / need help making character creation

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hey,

i started playing dark souls 2 and i now i want to make a similar game. something like one map with some enemies and a final boss and that's it, nothing too big. it's more like a fun project to code on to relax in the spare time and nothing serious.

but i want to add character creation. i like games where i can create my own character how i like, so i want to learn how to do that stuff.

in dark souls 2 there are multiple settings like size of the mouth, position of the chin and eyes and other stuff. i've read somewhere that i can do that by scaling bones, but that would mean that the face and everything on it has a seperate bone to change things? does the character have the bones the whole game or can i create a model from the bone positions and use that as the final character head model? i don't plan on adding facial animations for now, or the zombification after death that dark souls has. how would i scale bones in dark basic anyway?
did someone already make some kind of character creation and is willing to share with me?

any help is appreciated. i want to get more familiar with this character creation stuff before i actually start the project so i don't have to change half of it because stuff don't work.
Derek Darkly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2017 13:23
I've never gotten that deep into modeling, but I think your notion is correct. You'd need separate limbs that act independently so that they can be scaled by the user. You'd also need a variety of textures for each limb, for all the skin tones, beards, hair, etc.
Send your parents to noisy sprite demo hell... enter the D-Zone
smerf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2017 06:31
think u need to create a mesh actually and not limbs if your wanting to tweak a facial mesh then manually alter the mesh data then save it. limbs would be easier for sure if its a simple model .
A child's dream never dies.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 12:03:08
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 12:03:08