Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / What does this world have against tall skinny people?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2003 02:34
(this is a complant against the US, if its any differnt out there, i dont know that )
note: im am going to relate to weight a lot in this post

any short, fat, short/skinny, short/fat, tall/fat, person in this world can get clothes they wanted when they want how they want! but what about us tall skinny people?
i am 6'7" and 150 pounds (WITH my clothes on!), with a %body fat of [drumroll] 3.4% (garenteed not right, but thats what the school said)!!
so i am VERY skinny, i have been poked at by my friends saying that im anorexic/bulimic just as a joke, but im NOT, i could out eat ANY person in this world, the 3 best things in the world is eat/computers/sleep, in that order
anywho, back on topic:
i can NOT find ANY freakin pants in this world that fit me!! i could go for size 31x38 inseam. but all i can get is 32x36 or ORDER ONLINE a 31x36 when im lucky. There are pleanty of Big and tall shops, but they are big AND tall, nothing taller than a 36. i dont understand it! i have 2 sisters who are 6'3" who couldnt find pants that fit them to save their life. my brother is 6'9", he wears the same size as pants as i do, do to lack of other sizes.
i hate it.
and we all hear how being over weight is unhealthy and all that crap, but yet, EVERYONE supports obesity, and NOT skinnyness! why is that?
What does this world have against tall skinny people?

Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2003 02:46
They don't support it, they just know there are more people who need those sizes.

I am mischeivious
RoooooOoooooKoooooKoooooRoooooOoooooKoooooKooooo!
JoelJ
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2003 02:47
yeah yeah yeah, but thats not my point...my point is I WANT SOME BLASTED LLOONNGG PANTS

Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2003 02:52
Yeah, tall people have it bad in this country. But if you cant find pants that are long enough, you could pull off the "Sora" look:

Intel Celeron 1.3 Ghrz 512MB Ram NVIDIA GeForceFX 5200 128MB
JoelJ
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2003 04:28
Quote: "you could pull off the "Sora" look"

or you could even kill me!

i forgot to mention Basketball Shorts: you can get them long, way long, i could probibly get them to touch my toes, but they are SO FAT! they prolly have a min requirement of 10" waist to every 1" length...

Northern Fist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2003 05:23 Edited at: 18th Dec 2003 05:24
Hey! I'm tall/skinny - 6'4'' 160 lbs. I use to weight close to 140lbs, but that was before I started martial arts/ weight lifting. Now I've just hit a plateau that I can't seem to make any more progress on weight gain. No, I haven't taken roids, it took me two years to gain twenty pounds, and I am an adolescent.

However, I sometimes find myself unhappy with my scronniness. However, most of the time I've learned to except it.

EDIT - by the way, my lengthy legs have taken my a long way in Tae Kwon Do - literally. Be pround of your height...

"Power, precision, and don't forget about speed. If you practice everyday with these things in mind... you begin to develope A FIGHTING MODE." - Fist of Legend (Jet Li)
JoelJ
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2003 05:51
i am so freakin proud of my height and my weight and my scronniness. i just cant stand how the 'world' thinks all tall people at big around the middle. i mean, at least all the clothing companies

Metamophic
Years of Service
User Offline
the one thing i get sick of gettting asked is(i am also very tall): "do you play basketball?" on of these days i need to say "no, do you play minature golf?"

www.freewebs.com/metamorphicsoft
JoelJ
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2003 07:22
YES!!!!! that is awsome. if you wouldnt have said "no, do you play minature golf?" i wouldve told you say that.

or when they say "How tall are you" i say "dont worry about it, it's way over your head" or i put my hand in the air about the same level as my head and say "oh, about this tall."

do you guys have any other good ones?

AlecM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2003 08:39
i hear ya. I'm 6'2" 145 pounds.

[P4 2.8C @ 3.03 with an 866mhz FSB:: MSI Neo-2LS running PAT:: 1gb Mushkin PC-3500 DDR High Perf level 2@ 2,2,2 :: ATI Radeon9800ProAIW :: 120Gb SeagateBarracuda 7,200RPM SATA HD :: Antec Plus1080AMG]
Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2003 16:41
So, do you play crazy golf?

My thoughts are over here tall skinny blokes aren't totally outcast from society. Maybe more so if they are a fair bit geeky Big fat bast**ds are though. But that's mainly cos the UK isn't that fat.

Based on popular daytime US programs (I'm off for Crimbo now), we gather that most of the USA look like small aircraft carriers. So of course, a tall skinny person, would look out of place and be shunned by polite (although hefty) society.

So I would expect lots of phrases along the lines of:-
"Hey, thinny, how many cakes did you avoid????"
"Oy, thinso, who didn't eat all the pies!?!?!?!?"
and..
"your not going home in a f***ing ambulance! (because you didn't have that heart attack from eating 12 pounds of pure beef and sawdust through a tube)"

Seriously though, drink more beer dammit!!! And if you are not of legal age (what is it, about 35 in most states? ) then come to the UK. We will show you how to gain a bit of weight by drinking a load of beer. And the art of not looking like a bloated whale by then not drinking a vat of cream.

Cheers

Don't mind me. Crimbo hols, and I'm digging into the Baileys...

I am 99% probably lying in bed right now... so don't blame me for crappy typing
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2003 17:06
a shot of Cinsotto should help that Baileys go down Smmooooothly
as for Tall/Skinny...
i'm 5.9' 140lbs (10stn), so i'm not exactly underweight; but weight isn't always the same as how skinny you are.

i've never found it particularly hard to find cloths for any hight really or waiste. more i've found that cause i've got long legs and a small waiste it can be a pain in the ass getting pants/trousers.

30" waiste 32" legs ... so i end up getting pants a few sizes bigger, not biggie as i actually prefer them baggier; don't like everything feeling too snug :-P

but the states there are far more shorter guys with fatter waistes, so it can be a pain; that said there are also far far taller people.
i'd suggest looking for a shop that caters for taller and/or larger people... there are a few of them about.
i mean your size just means you can't shop at places like 'Gap' which really isn't a biggie cause you can get the same clothes most anywhere just as good quality oftenly cheaper. i'd suggest you ask your mom or girl to take you shopping; trust me the mall is thier territory

Detonating a nuclear device within the city limits results in a $500 fine!
900mhz|256mb|FX5200Ti 52.16|Dx9|WXP-Pro
JoelJ
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2003 18:25
Quote: "Seriously though, drink more beer ******!!! And if you are not of legal age (what is it, about 35 in most states? ) then come to the UK. We will show you how to gain a bit of weight by drinking a load of beer. And the art of not looking like a bloated whale by then not drinking a vat of cream."

due to religious reasons, i dont drink, sorry.
and the drinking age is 21, and im 17.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 22:49:00
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 22:49:00