Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Wizard not present after installing everything

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all,
First of all I finally managed to install the 2008 Visual Studio in windows10, but I cant delete my thread, could you possibly do that for me? sorry for trouble. Well after finally doing that step and completing all the required steps I notice that there is no wizard for DGDK as it used to be in my previous installation (previous machine), and I already run the VS2008 once before installing the GDK, I tried reinstalling the DGDK and still nothing, could you possibly help me here? I remember the wizards were located somewhere and could be edited or copied somewhere in order to be seen in the environment (the visual studio i mean), then any help on this will be greatly appreciated, thanks beforehand.
Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2017 10:51
Hi ronin,

I'm afraid I'm not aware of any DGDK Wizards for VS2008, but any action can be made manually (that's what I do).

Please explain what is the wizard for. You can configure all DGDK setup in a few clicks, it is just a matter of setting the DGDK lib and headers paths at Visual Studio at the top menu:

Tools -> Options -> Projects and Solutions -> VC++ Directories

Then set the 'Show directories for:'

Include files
Library files

Create an entry at Include files for the path where DirectX SDK August 2007 includes are installed, and another entry for DGDK includes.
The same applies to the Library files, but this time pointing to the folder where DX and DGDK libs are placed.

Hope that helps, just tell us how it goes.

ronin
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks a lot Morcilla =), your explanation solved everything, Im sorry my question sounded like too simple, but Im horrible configuring environments and in my previous installation there were these wizards, well they did nothing really impressive only build the project with source code and a few lines including the main loop and so on, so I guess that if the wizards appear the configuration is made automatically maybe, but really with your explanation it was really fast to do that and I managed to run the spinning cube code (usual test I run to check it works) in matter o a minute. I wish there could be a way to give you /reputation points or kudos for this, you really helped me out and I was lost. By the way congratulations on your MPL3D project, its awesome every time I see it with new cool updates constantly, and I was thinking it reached the maximum power available for the GDK some time ago but you keep awesoming me with it, keep up the great job =).
Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2017 09:18
Hey you are welcome. Glad to help here
And thank you for your kind words, that's the best reward
Keep it on
s_i
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2017 12:02
For all users, who want install and use DarkGDK -- you can look at guide here:

Step-by-step guide for installing DarkGDK
ronin
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks a lot s_i, you have quite a detailed guide there, good work on that, I will be looking into it also I had no idea there was unofficial update released that will be handy for sure =).

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 12:32:52
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 12:32:52