Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Three simple but very important question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hi all, need help in these important questions:

1) Question: how to make two dynamic light sources burning simultaneously. Tried unofficial patches unoffcial_fpsc_v1.20.19_beta_v1.19 and unoffcial_fpsc_v1.20.19_beta_v1.20 final e but they don't help single light source lights up and the other goes out ?

2) What should be done to the game is made in FPSCREATOR x9 worked fine on window 10

3) In the BlackIce mod found Shader prop_norm_spec_alpha.fx put it on the model and the model became strange and tems same Shader from the BlackIce mod model looks good. Here is the file with my model and BlackIce mod:

Attachments

Login to view attachments
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2017 17:31
nnn
#1: DirectX always had a problem with the number of "dynamic" lights one could use at any one given time, I believe it's only 6 or 8?
Fpsc never could get one than one or two to light at once, really don't know why? Just stick with static lights if possible? Only use dynamic
when needed.
#2: Fpsc should work just fine on window 10? Is it not working for you? You may be missing some needed .dll files to run properly.
Did you follow S4Real's instructions for using Win10 with Black Ice mod?
#3: The prop_norm_spec_alpha.fx works just fine if you include the needed textures for the shader. Check/open the shader file and see what textures are needed.
Make sure they are there.
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
nnn
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi ncmako, I am very glad that you patiently answer my silly little questions. The problem with the light I decided. I changed the quality of lighting in the setup file.ini and as my level has improved (to start). But the problem with barrels (from the BSP Models WW2 pack) when change them dynamically (so that they could explode from the shot) so here they are, these barrels become muddy textures. If the solution is to use a Shader on the barrel what and then I have the shaders don't work even though I specified in the settings that they used high quality textures. How to determine what shaders are supported by the video card to use in Fpscreator.
What shaders will work on any graphics card.

The prop_norm_spec_alpha.fx I used with all the right textures in DarkShader program and this shader works well but in Fpsc x9 this shader not working.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2017 01:34 Edited at: 31st Jul 2017 03:07
nnn
Quote: "with barrels (from the BSP Models WW2 pack "

I have that pack and don't see/find any barrels? I'm going to look at what you've got
post as texture's and see what/if there's a problem with them?

Edit: here try these textures. The one's you had were for another shader from Nomad-mod.
Just drop these folders into your entitybank anywhere you want. Just make sure you have the shader
"effectbank\Physically Based Shading\prop_norm_spec_alpha.fx" or else it wont work.
best
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 08:12:01
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 08:12:01