Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Questions on Possibilities of FPS Creator Classic

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello! As you can probably see I'm completely new here but I've been looking at FPS Creator for a few years now. I've never used it but I've been wanting to try it out, and I'm finally getting to doing it, even if it is a bit late. But I have a few questions regarding the program and the possibilities of it...

First of all, is it possible to use 2D sprites instead of 3D models, like in the original Doom FPS game? I imagine them being used for enemies, the player weapons, and maybe some of the static decorations. Is this possible in FPS Creator Classic?

And secondly, is there a way to create text boxes in the game for characters to "talk" and help drive the story along? Going along with this, if it is possible to make text boxes, can there also be text boxes that allow the player to select different lines of text to act as responses to what another character might be saying?

I was just wondering if any of this is possible with this program. Thank you for your time!

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2017 11:59
Hi Blue Hatter, and welcome
Quote: "is it possible to use 2D sprites instead of 3D models"

Yes kinda in a way, a few members tried using sprites/decals on a "flat" like plane and the results were not
very good. So the idea never progressed. And remember, the rest of the environment is still 3d it just
didn't look good in the end. But don't let that stop you from trying, you may come up with something
not done yet that works
Quote: "create text boxes in the game for characters to "talk" and help drive the story along"

Absolutely, fpsc if perfect for that. Do a search on "text based stories" " conversation scripts" or
something similar. A member by the name "The Storyteller 01" did a lot of scripts just for this type
of game play. Here's a link to one of his threads...https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/199256
best
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Madcow02
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2017 12:14
You forgot to replace the stock parts of the texture.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 00:16:38
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 00:16:38