Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Lightmapper issue...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 9th Aug 2017 05:32
Has anyone else had this issue. After using the program for awhile I can get quite a few instances and FPSC locks up. Isn't it supposed to end by itself when you exit preview?
This is the second time I've reloaded from scratch and it continues to be an issue.
Characters. You build them a world and what do they do? They moonwalk, get stuck in the walls and fall through the floors!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2017 06:46
I haven't had this issue.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2017 11:59
Xplosys Yep. I remember this one. If I'm correct make sure & set ALL of your .exe's (the editor,lightmapper, game.exe...ect)
in your main directory to "run as admin" and "compatibility mode" is set to win7 or 10?
Fingers crossed and Restart
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2017 13:06 Edited at: 9th Aug 2017 16:37
Thanks. I suspected that so I already set the lightmapper exe to admin. I'll do all the rest. You never know.

No joy. Setting compatibility mode causes crash on startup. I have the entire folder set to admin and security to full and it still does the same. As long as I remember to close the lightmapper each time it's not a problem. Oh well.
Characters. You build them a world and what do they do? They moonwalk, get stuck in the walls and fall through the floors!
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
What version of blackice mod are you using as the lightmapper should turn itself off after its done its job.

Have you tried a fresh install of fpsc and black ice mod ?

Has windows 10 updated and then you had the problem ?

If the problem is a big problem for temp fix you can remove the lightmapping.exe and then fpsc would use the old method.

best s4real
Amd fx4100,6gb ram,geforce 450
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2017 21:24 Edited at: 10th Aug 2017 21:24
Hi s4real and thanks for checking.

I'm using the latest 10.5.
Yes, I've tried fresh installs of FPSC twice, first time using BIM 10.0 and then 10.5.
I can't say for sure if there was an update about the time it started. Windows seems to update often.
ATM it's not a big issue and I can keep it in check by manually closing it.

Best to you.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 21:18:50
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 21:18:50