Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Animated .x from Blender not displaying.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
As the title says, I have exported an animated .x file made in Blender, but I have not been able to get it to display. I'm using the DirectX addon for Blender and the exported file isn't displaying in the application. This only seems to happen if I have an animation. I already have the animations to display in places that should be present in the engine and if I export it without the animation it's fine. I would definitely appreciate that.
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2017 03:20 Edited at: 10th Aug 2017 16:45
which version of blender are you using?
how many bones do you have total?
are you rendering with shaders or dbpro native?

be sure to have both the model and the skeleton selected when exporting, and use 'export selected objects only'
Be sure to apply (ctrl a) location and scale on the object and the armature
be sure to apply modifiers when exporting
be sure to export skin weights, armature bones, and animations (exact options depend on version)
you do not need to 'include frame rate', 'export actions', or 'rest position'

the following is specific to using the models with Advanced Lighting, but is probably a good practice for dbpro in general:

each vertex should be weighted to no more than 4 bones
every vertex should be weighted to at least one bone, every bone should have at least one vertex
use no more than 60 bones
http://games.joshkirklin.com/sulium

A single player RPG featuring a branching, player driven storyline of meaningful choices and multiple endings alongside challenging active combat and intelligent AI.
Mage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2017 16:14
The object asset is probably really huge. Try adjusting the scaling.
Bio Fox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2017 03:27 Edited at: 21st Sep 2017 03:33
I have a similar problem but the object isn't moving (see attached image). I'm using the following code:

I'm using latest version of Blender 2.79 and made sure to check Export Meshes, Export Normals, Export UV Coordinates, Export Materials, Apply Modifiers, Export Armature Bones, Export Animations. I have 19 armatures. When I export Skin Weights it ends up looking like the second attached image. All scrunched up in a cube. Not sure what's going on with that. Any ideas?
BioFox Games

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2017 18:01
Ive had problems with the loop object command on some files.

Does it animate if you use play object or set object frame?

(I personally use set object frame and calculate the frame to use manually, avoids the loop object issue and gives a great deal of control over playback speed)
http://games.joshkirklin.com/sulium

A single player RPG featuring a branching, player driven storyline of meaningful choices and multiple endings alongside challenging active combat and intelligent AI.
Mage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2017 15:52
Ortu wrote: "
(I personally use set object frame and calculate the frame to use manually, avoids the loop object issue and gives a great deal of control over playback speed)"

I used to do this until I switched to the Advanced Animation plugin.
Bio Fox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2017 00:35
Still does not move even with the set object frame. However, I think the issue is I'm not exporting the skin weights. When I do the model is all crumpled up. I may have to redone my armatures and model (which I only spent an hour on) and start simple.
BioFox Games

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 07:59:29
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 07:59:29