Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2017 08:19 Edited at: 13th Oct 2017 19:25
AGENCY

Storyline - Zombie apocalypse starts. You try to run away. Your family gets killed. You get to a boat and spend a few weeks in the sea. You run out of supplies. All of a sudden you receive a radio transmission from a nearby doc. Hoping to meet survivors you go there. And hence a series of horrors begin.

Description - This is a single level game that deals with gameplay concepts and level design concept as well as asthetics (that will be) cranked up to 11. The following points I am going to include in this game.

1. A good camera system.
2. A good gunplay feel.
3. Better AI for better gameplay.
4. A minor inventory system.
5. Level design akin to a mixture of Half-Life and BioShock with lots of side areas to be explored.
6. A lot of open looking environments.
7. Places that you think you will be able to go to, you will be able to go to.

Screenshots -

(Attached)

Pre-Credits -

A lot of people, especially Madcow02 for some really nice help.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Madcow02
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2017 09:11
You're welcome !
Your project looks great ! Keep it up !
granada
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2017 13:01
Looks promising,sounds interesting.

Dave
AMD Phenom(tm)IIx6 1090t Processor 3.20 GHS
8.00 GB memory Windows 7 64 bit
Nvida Geforce GTX 580
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 27th Aug 2017 19:02 Edited at: 27th Aug 2017 19:02
Seems like I've been there before.
Anyway, looks good. I look forward to the gameplay.
Characters. You build them a world and what do they do? They moonwalk, get stuck in the walls and fall through the floors!
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2017 12:53
@xplosys

Quote: "Seems like I've been there before."

What do you mean?

@everyone

Thank you!

I am currently designing the small inventory system and HUD UI. Will update soon.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2017 02:10
Nice screen shots. Love the sunken boat area. Really nice feel to it.
Great start, I like to smaller size to the map. Will it be a "tight quarters" combat style of fighting?
Also nice choice for the colt cross-hairs.
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2017 13:50
Quote: "Nice screen shots. Love the sunken boat area. Really nice feel to it."

Thank you!

Quote: "Great start, I like to smaller size to the map. Will it be a "tight quarters" combat style of fighting?"

I am planning on tight quarters combat with custom AI (using stealth is also possible). But it is not built yet.

Quote: "Also nice choice for the colt cross-hairs."

Thank you for that too!
2S!K
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Working on "This Is Home" an FPSc project
Posted: 30th Aug 2017 18:18
Looking good.
@ xplosys
Quote: "Seems like I've been there before."

Me too, its probably the extensive use of the model pack that was showcased in Black Ice Mod.

@Mriganka: A very nice map but perhaps a little too small for being a 1 level game?? Try to make more use of the map so the player is allowed to explore and doesn't feel like its a Point A - Point B kind of game.
For such a small level an inventory system seems a bit overkill. A nice effect could be using a fog that way you wont be able to see past the map falloff and sets a creepy mood since the game is about zombies.
Good Luck
As always, Game on! -2S!K Productions
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2017 19:18
@2S!K

Quote: "Me too, its probably the extensive use of the model pack that was showcased in Black Ice Mod."

I am planning on retexturing/refiltering most of the textures to a more brownish hue.

Quote: " A very nice map but perhaps a little too small for being a 1 level game?? Try to make more use of the map so the player is allowed to explore and doesn't feel like its a Point A - Point B kind of game. "

The map will be bigger, this is just the initial area. The main map ends at the light-house.

Quote: "For such a small level an inventory system seems a bit overkill. A nice effect could be using a fog that way you wont be able to see past the map falloff and sets a creepy mood since the game is about zombies."

I may use Disturbing13's characters instead of zombies (which btw I am bored of). As for the inventory system it is a small one with health-packs and armour. No interactive UI, just keys to use health-packs.

Btw I have PMed you and will ask the question here too.

Can you make a player hitback system for when the player has his armour on? Based on the attached script?

Attachments

2S!K
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Working on "This Is Home" an FPSc project
Posted: 31st Aug 2017 04:05
That would be a nice touch, im excited to see more but don't worry I will wait till you are finished so there's no spoilers.
Quote: "The map will be bigger, this is just the initial area. The main map ends at the light-house."

Just be sure to do it right, FPSC isnt the best at rendering outdoor scenes causing fps drop spots.

BTW Im really liking that custom ammo/health hud in screenie #2 but why does it change?
Ok I will give it a shot!
As always, Game on! -2S!K Productions
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2017 17:52
This looks very promising so far, despite being a bit too small.
There is a real feel of being on the coast of the ocean to it and the graphics are very unified in this. They invite me to play.

However, you can sense how small the level is and that is very visible by being able where the ocean just cuts off. (this is not acceptable and will be noticed by all players)

The colors are very friendly and the game has a cool mood. I'm looking forward to more
\"If the mods didn’t see it, I didn’t do it!\" - Rick Bamber
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2017 11:41
Quote: "This looks very promising so far, despite being a bit too small. "

It won't be small, this is just an initial area. Behind the buildings are the fishermen warehouses.

Quote: "However, you can sense how small the level is and that is very visible by being able where the ocean just cuts off. (this is not acceptable and will be noticed by all players)"

I am thinking of a few things to be done for that. But I won't use fog (as they don't work well with shaders).
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2017 05:57 Edited at: 13th Oct 2017 19:25
Update -

Attachments

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 8th Sep 2017 23:26
Looks good.. Perhaps You courld add a few more polygons on the buildings next time. Is this another Zombie game???

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2017 00:27
Mriganka I see you got your "hud" all aligned. Looks really good now in-game
For the current weapon icon, did you use the "hud_icon" or call on another image
with a script? Either way, blends nicely with the background.
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2017 03:36 Edited at: 9th Sep 2017 03:38
@Mr Love

Quote: "Looks good.. Perhaps You could add a few more polygons on the buildings next time. "

Most stuff I haven't made and some stuff I have only edited. Only thing I will be doing is re-skinning a lot of stuff or putting an appropriate filter on them. I have added a few more details to the building, but my polycount is at 150k as of right now lol.

Quote: "Is this another Zombie game???"

I am afraid it is. Nothing better to make in FPSC.

@ncmako

Quote: "Mriganka I see you got your "hud" all aligned. Looks really good now in-game"

Thank you!

Quote: "For the current weapon icon, did you use the "hud_icon" or call on another image with a script? Either way, blends nicely with the background."

I have only re-aligned and altered the resolution and rotation of the hud_icon.dds. Rest, I am calling for a custom image to serve as the basic HUD interface. You can look into the scripts in my scriptpack to see how it works.

PS -

I have decided to go with ambience lighting at 48 as it looks more realistic a/c to the time of day. And right now I am tinkering with the post processing shader (recolouring one) to get a more proper feel of the game (but I also don't want to remove the tonemapping one as it is way too awesome!
uzi idiot
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2017 18:01 Edited at: 25th Sep 2017 18:35
Nice stuff man. I love all of the custom assets used, it looks really unique.
If something compiles on the first try. Something is terribly wrong.
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2017 19:28
Quote: "Nice stuff man. I love all of the custom assets used, it looks really unique."

I am getting a lot of FPS problems in the map, my polycount is up to 150k and is highly unstable. May have to revamp or scrap the project.
uzi idiot
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2017 21:53
Is there any way to put invisible walls in places to force the engine to occlude areas you can't see?
I don't remember the occlusion system working well with entities.
If something compiles on the first try. Something is terribly wrong.
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2017 03:54
Quote: "Is there any way to put invisible walls in places to force the engine to occlude areas you can't see?
I don't remember the occlusion system working well with entities."

Will have to try, but then again, everything in the level will have to be closed off, making it impossible for a primary light source (sun or moon). I will see what I can optimize.
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2017 15:32
@everyone

Due to a lot of technical difficulties, especially performance related I have decided to scrap the project. I am not asking anyone to lock the thread as I may update it with the new project I am working on which is way visually superior to this project and is more technically competent as well as consistent in performance than this one. It also has way better pacing and level design (although I have borrowed some initial ideas from this one).
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2017 00:26
Mriganka This happens at times, but hopefully for the better. You'll borrow from this and make something better
Hope you keep the "Lagoon" idea going, it was really nice.
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2017 13:43 Edited at: 13th Oct 2017 19:24
Quote: "Mriganka This happens at times, but hopefully for the better. You'll borrow from this and make something better
Hope you keep the "Lagoon" idea going, it was really nice."

I will. But it will have to be reduced vastly in scope. As for lates WIP here are some pics -

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2017 14:02
Mriganka Love that broken "overhead" walkway.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 15th Oct 2017 05:37
I love all of it. Making FPSC look that good must be quite taxing on the system? I see you're getting 30's to 40's on the FPS and I'm sure I couldn't get that on my system.

Content and tools for games
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2017 06:35
I am running on an integrated graphics chip lol. You can get wayy better on a dedicated video card. This will probably run at around 60 fps there.
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2017 15:31
Update -

I have been off of making anything since I had my exams and the finals are also coming. But I want your opinion on this HUD and how it fits in to the visuals.

Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2017 17:59
BUMP

So that this post doesn't fade into oblivion
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2017 10:14
Mriganka For your "weapons & ammo" hud... Yes, looks really good I like the color you have chosen, the orange color fits nicely.
Makes it easier to see also. It's also a nice spot so the player can keep an eye on it.
Or do you mean the "goggle" hud? That seems stretched past the sides ?
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2017 13:13
Yep, the goggle hud. I am removing it. The view becomes too distorted to the player to see anything.
Pvt.Dan
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice game, I already played the demo and it's pretty good. Hope I can see more good stuff from ya.
Medal Of Honor

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 20:05:07
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 20:05:07