Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Mirrors/Reflections?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Far Cry 4
Posted: 9th Sep 2017 15:42
Hello, i have a question, can you put mirrors/reflections in FPSC?, if you can, how do you do it?, thank you.
Madcow02
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2017 17:32 Edited at: 9th Sep 2017 17:32
Either by using an opaque cubemap or real-time reflections from Black Ice Mod, but the latter is very taxing on resources.
Internet Thug.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2017 22:53
BIM's mirror effect is pretty cool. However, the main problem is that there is no player's body shown in the mirror. Also, it is very possible for the FPS to go down drastically. I have a very large level. In fact, that "thin white" line at the bottom of the screen goes all the way across the screen. There's good reason. My level takes more than 2 gb of memory. In fact it's 2800+ gb of memory. If BIM did not allow for an extra 2 gb to build (you have to turn the cap off) I would not be using it. I have already tried more than 3 gigs and it works so I imagine the cap is probably now at 4 gb. Back to the FPS. I put the mirror in this level and my FPS went from 50 to 1 7. Now that's pretty obvious.

THEORY - you know everything but nothing works. PRACTICE - when everything works but don't know why.
For me, theory and practice are combined: nothing works and I don't know why.
arrojar entidad y que explote
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello, here I leave you a video with your download link to the mirror script. I hope it serves you

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 15:29:04
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 15:29:04