Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Showcase / [X10] Visions Beta

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2017 15:53 Edited at: 1st Oct 2017 00:10
Well I finally finished it, just for a nostalgic feeling of completion..

If the axe doesn't show at the end it's due to your graphics driver, either update it or the workaround is to press "0" then scroll the mouse wheel.

I made a nice title and loading screen, intro video (and alternate ending video), HUD text, used lots of custom scripts and designed the level so there was minimal FPS lag (made the first vent and lift section separate to the next that you teleport to etc, tested along the way)

I'm just gonna fix up a few things over the next few days, like the alternate ending vid that should play and the TV frames going too fast (dunno if I can fix that but I'll try)

Every sound (even the Doctor Who theme) and model used is free or made by me (I only made a few like the TV and sparks decal), so all in all I hope you like the very custom feel to it

You can either watch my preview video here or play it through yourself, it's still gonna be titled Visions Beta as there's always room for improvement Enjoy!

Main Preview Video: https://youtu.be/JyshIWpNRuM

Alternate Ending: https://youtu.be/OndGW9Si_po

Download Link: https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/darkquake/Visions.zip
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2017 18:49
pics or it didn't happen
Darkness1993
Years of Service
User Offline
Haha is the whole video not enough to prove it happened? I don't want to spoil too much, but sure here's some pics

Attachments

Login to view attachments
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 1st Oct 2017 00:49
Is this more than one level?

Content and tools for games
Darkness1993
Years of Service
User Offline
No sorry, I'm just putting it out there to see what people think and if it gets enough attention I'll consider making level 2 in the BlackIce mod (better graphics etc)
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 1st Oct 2017 18:46
I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything before giving my opinion.
First, congrats on completion. Even though it's only one level, not many people complete even that to distribute.
I like the concept, but...

Not the execution. You have some good ideas, but I don't think they were implemented well.
The graphics were okay, but the pieces were not put together well or shouldn't have been together at all.
I was just moving along without rhyme or reason. Except for the beginning, the story element was non-existent.
I saw a lot of stock media from X9 and X10 (which is okay, except you said it had a custom feel) and what wasn't stock could have been.
The whole thing looks like it was rushed.
There just wasn't anything that blew my skirt up.

Content and tools for games
Darkness1993
Years of Service
User Offline
Cool well thanks for the feedback, it's a shame you think it was rushed because it took a while to get my custom scripts working and lots of waiting and testing each time round to get things right, but it was still just a hobby. Maybe I'll continue it in the future but it does take a lot of time..

really appreciate the feedback anyway and I'll review this if I ever work more on it I do still have a big story in mind but it wouldn't work if I just typed it all out, and there would be no point to having the game to play through. It's just a bit of fun tbh, but I'm glad you tried it out!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 19:19:01
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 19:19:01