Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Call Of Duty

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2003 03:51
Anyone played it? What did ya think?

I particularly like the fact they got Jason Statham to do the voice acting for one of the main sergants in the game. If you don't know him by name, he's the bald main guy in Snatch and also in Lock Stock. Also recently done the Kitkat ads. hehe. "You're a sensitive boy aren't ya tommy?" etc.

Definitely Medal Of Honour, but more so. Forget that Omaha beach level on MOH! The Stalingrad level is the sh*t. You know how in MOH they ripped off Saving Private Ryan for the beech landing mission? Well in COD they perfectly rip off Enemy at the Gates for the Stalingrad level.

Quality game. A bit too hectic at times, but still very nice.

Any takers? And disagreers?

Insiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide!
Slayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2003 04:12
Man I played the demo! It was good!
but at times things hapen and you tell yourself hey that shouldent have happend.

I dont know how to spell
QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2003 04:51
Best game ever, no questions asked.

TheAbomb12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2003 04:51
I loved every bit of it...

The only problem I saw was that it was too short...

Amist the Blue Skies...
JSN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2003 10:46
Brilliant, bit too easy to finish though.

Anyone seen the end with the sideways action thingie - really really nice...!

~ J ~
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2003 12:21
Hmmm, what formats?

I'm looking for new X-Box shooters, played all my other ones to death and the new MOH (Rising Sun) apparantly sucks ass. Can't wait for Halo2, get some propper killing done .

MOH's Omaha beach level was intense - if the whole game was as good as that then it'd be awesome - but it turns into the old Playstation version fairly quickly. It was made by the same people as SPR, so I reckon level 1 was to fool people into thinking they were getting the SPR game - at least for 1 level. Rising Sun starts of as the game of Pearl Harbour, doubt it's much different to any other MOH game after level 1.

Van-B

Next time he runs past, GRAB HIM!
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2003 14:27
Thought Call of Duty was bloody awesome.

I hadn't played MOHAA until recently and of course had heard all of the beach landing hype saying it was the 'greatest experience ever', however, when I actually played it I completed the level in like 2 minutes. Sure it was good, but IMO it probably wasn't worth it.

On the other hand, I thought Call of Duty was great all the way through except that last level was a pain in the ass to beat with the place falling in on you. Was basically just run your ass off and hope the guards don't kill you as you go past.

"Computers are useless they can only give you answers."
Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2003 17:34
Yeah, Call Of Duty is basically that Omaha beech landing mission, but from start to finish. That's the only real complaint I have. I don't mind that it's short, because I guarentee it took 10 times the effort to make each level in COD compared to a level of MOH. Better to be short and sweet than long with a few sweet bits.

Exeat, not sure which level you're talking about. If you're talking about the level with the 4 story building (Soviet campaign) you have to clear before defending and shooting the tanks with the anti-tank rifles - yeah, that was a nightmare. That really did fry my brain, especially seeing as it took me about 10 lives to find the correct anti-tank rifle.

Even with a game like COD, I found it got a little repetative towards the end. I got desensitised to the intensity of combat (hehehe) and found later on even though the levels were still monsterous, I wasn't too involved. But can't deny it's one of the best single player experiences to date though. The truck chases were cool. I particularly liked the level when you have 10 minutes to rescue the soldier from the enemy base. I'm normally quite cautious in those games. I move through slowly and don't take a lot of damage. In that one you have to charge in and waste people on the run.

Insiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide!
Sly D
Years of Service
User Offline
Great game, I finished it in 2 days . Definitely looks like MOHAA but then again i heard that Infinity Ward Studios was a group of programmers that left 2015. That explains it alot.

A cute looking koala with a WHAT!? THEY can't use Kalashnikovs, can they?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 22:44:59
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 22:44:59