Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Need some help with a script

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm trying to pick up a entity and use it. I want to use a mask hud so what I have is the pick up script and my hud script.
I combined them tested them but the pick up script only works. Any ideas anybody?
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2017 22:48 Edited at: 8th Oct 2017 13:21
riccetts
Quote: " tested them but the pick up script only works"

You have the idea right, just some typos for the "states"
BlackFox taught me a long time ago to always place all your "hudreset's" at the top of ones script.
It's better organized and easier to spot mistakes . That being said, I noticed your code at "state=1" never goes to state=2 or 3 ???

Edit: see next posting down..

My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2017 13:20 Edited at: 8th Oct 2017 16:35
riccetts I must have had a brain-fart, after thinking about it I realized you can't use
"Item" pickup and plrwithinzone in same script ! My bad What you have to do
is use the "pickupitem" script attached to the "Item" and placed into a "triggerzone"
The trigger zone would then have most of the previous script (minus the item pickup lines)

Sorry about that, I was in a rush... found another typo

After testing this script I found a way to use it with an "Item" player can pickup, no zone needed.
Just make the "Item" the player picks-up set to "Always Active- YES" that way the script keeps running.

Note: for the "hazard.png" I have BlackIce so I used the hudglobal commands, you may have to change?
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 09:18:59
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 09:18:59