Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Slendermanscript UPDATE

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hello their guys stealthsin here, and man what a frustrating weeks these have been with me rescripting the slenderman script! but now I have got them working along with a page collection mechanic that is functional with the slenderman script! it was done simply with variables and etimers! and soon, I will be releasing my first slenderman game made with FPSC! for the people who had the idea on the other forum, I give thanks to you for the start and the mechanic, and hope to see you please with the changes and smooth timing! if you want a download of the FPI I'll post it here, after people have viewed it!
Anthony Gonzales
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2017 17:28
Well, what is there to see?
Stealth Sin
Years of Service
User Offline
Here is the containing pack and all tests I was working on the fully complete the pack, heres how you use it, all scripts execpt for the slenderman script and pages are used in triggers! the pagesystem.fpi should be used as a trigger, collection.fpi are used for your item(s) you want to be collected and stacked over time, stamina script should be used as a script, health-death script should be used as a trigger. Enjoy!
Anthony Gonzales

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Stealth Sin
Years of Service
User Offline
okay, first release of my slender game is released, find it here!

--->>> https://www.mediafire.com/file/tiry51ugrgb94bb/Theater%20V2.7.zip
Anthony Gonzales
Stealth Sin
Years of Service
User Offline
So what do you guys think? Also I'm going to release the second map of Slendermans past. The map is called 1942
Anthony Gonzales
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2017 23:42
Stealth Sin Having a few problems running it Player seems to move very slow at certain times ??? so I'm guessing it has
to do with the scripting yes/no? ( is this part of the game play )
The "film grain " does look really good, but at times I can't see thru it to the action ?
Also one more thing, there seems to be a missing file of some sort, I suspect it has to do with
ReShader there's a small "white" square in the middle of the screen all the time. It seems
something to do with "GodRays or Anamflare" ???
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Stealth Sin
Years of Service
User Offline
Ncmako, your questions are appreciated! In fact yes, the player will slow down using shift, this is a bad script tho, I now made a working stamina script that only slows down over time of using shift, and returns to normal releasing. P.S, about the whole white box thing in the center of the screen, I've noticed this too, after the new version has been released, and it's due to the flash light for some reason, to get rid of this, press 0, then 1, and it will return to the flashlights crosshair. Would you like to recieve the next update, I have patched today, but have not yet released?
Anthony Gonzales
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2017 12:52
Stealth Sin
Quote: "Would you like to recieve the next update"

Sure, I'll give it a test run
Stealth Sin
Years of Service
User Offline
alright cool, I'll also send you the next map, 1942. also do you have any screen recorders you have? i'd like to put a reaction video of my game on youtube, so I can release it on either indiedb or gamehitzone?
Anthony Gonzales
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2017 23:16
Stealth Sin
Quote: " do you have any screen recorders, i'd like to put a reaction video of my game on youtube"

No sorry, I only have Fraps. I don't get into the YouTube stuff much.
Stealth Sin
Years of Service
User Offline
oh okay, but anyway im still fixing some bugs located on the first floor, should be done in about a hour
Anthony Gonzales
Stealth Sin
Years of Service
User Offline
finally! just made a low polly slenderman model in blender, now I don't have to use the twticher from viral_outbreak. now jsut need some better sounds
Anthony Gonzales
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2017 08:13
Great job!
Stealth Sin
Years of Service
User Offline
sorry it's taking so long for the game to be here for download, a lot of upcomming things came up for fpsc. Just recently i've been into making zombies maps for FPSC I'll try and have the new slender map uploaded A.S.A.P . ps. the map is called 1942
Anthony Gonzales
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 27th Oct 2017 02:35
Please! Dont say its a nazizombie game again? I think We had enough of these games...
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2017 04:10
No problem unless it's good
Stealth Sin
Years of Service
User Offline
still again, sorry for no upload, but i've ran across some bugs when a friend of mine tried the game, so as this moment i'm canning the slender maps, but no worried I am still working on them, I haven't given up!
Anthony Gonzales
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2017 11:41
Quote: " but no worried I am still working on them, I haven't given up!"

Stealth Sin
Years of Service
User Offline
Good news guys, I'm about to release the first offical "Slenderman's Past" Demo, comtaining three maps. 1. Theater, 2. 1942, and 3. the new map I have just made.... HOSPITAL. I'll post another reply when I have them on mediafire! if you want the full version to be released, please share this content with your friends, or upload a playthrough to youtube to help this content grow!
Anthony Gonzales
Stealth Sin
Years of Service
User Offline
At last, At last, The Slenderman's Past Demo is now here! Download it from mediafire here --->>>>>>> https://www.mediafire.com/file/yvxffx8f4dje8on/Slenderman%27s%20Past%20Demo.zip
Anthony Gonzales
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2017 22:09
Stealth Sin
Grabbing demo now, will play tonight and let you know tomorrow sometime how it went
Stealth Sin
Years of Service
User Offline
Awesome, I'd have to say, the Hosptial Map has the best atmosphere I have ever created in a horror game! Defiantly makes the game terrifying! as now that it has come to my attention, I am going to start a story mode of the game!
Anthony Gonzales
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2017 23:09
Stealth Sin Had problems right from the start, the "Game Launcher" wont start any of the games
So I started the "Theater" level from within it's own folder. Good start, but then I hit a couple scripts/triggers that slowed the player
to a crawl ??? to a point I couldn't move anymore ( maybe check those ? Or maybe drop them ???)
Also had a strange "hud" appear (center screen square and black ???) after leaving one of the bathrooms. I think some hud textures are missing ?
Trying out another level tonight...
Stealth Sin
Years of Service
User Offline
okay, I'm aware that theater had a lot of problems, espically being my first map, 1942 is still ify,hospital, I haven't beta tested at all yet. As far as the enemy chasing you, I've only done the atmosphere and collecting the pages. Ncmako, would you like me to PM you the map and scripts used in this? so you can take a look and recomend what I should fix and keep?
Anthony Gonzales
Stealth Sin
Years of Service
User Offline
Got some great content to start my story mode! heres what I've got in mind, it'll start off as a reporter typing a quote, and then there'll be some dialouge, and then it'll show some spooky slenderman images and then it'll show a video of the actual slenderman stabbing news broadcast! along with that some toher spooky sightings on youtube or something, I'll credit the uploaders names in the credits! anyone want to help? LCGS would appreciate your help on making this FPSC game successful and amazing! we'll need some map editors, such as the map creation, entitiy placement, trigger and sound, some scripters! if you'd like to help, either PM me or email me at thedeatheatter@gmail.com
Anthony Gonzales
Stealth Sin
Years of Service
User Offline
Ncmako,
Quote: " Trying out another game tonight "
I'd suggest either 1942, Hospital looks good so far, but I haven't beta tested it yet, so you may run into buys, this version of 1942 may seem like some bugs will occur but their meant to happen, eventually the slenderman will no longer follow you when you reach the door to gain access to the next level. not going to say anything here thus will cause spoilers, but you will "see things" in the dark that might not move afterwards, this is due to a partial half scare. they'll stay put for a little scare if you get lost. BTW pay attention to the text in the loading screen otherwise the ending might not make sense, I'd have beta testers ask what happened when they are successful in collecting all the items.
Anthony Gonzales
Stealth Sin
Years of Service
User Offline
Alright got an official Teaser video compiling in my video editor, anyone wana check it out?
Anthony Gonzales
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2017 22:32
Stealth Sin
Quote: " got an official Teaser video compiling in my video editor"

Slow down, got some bugs/problems to fix first
The "Hospital" played much better. I still have problems with the player movement ( too slow ) need a way to speed up ???
Also, would be helpful to somehow let the payer know if they're going in the right direction I went in circles for awhile (actually along time )
You also might want to start a thread in the WIP forum now ? ( the script forum isn't the proper place )
Don't forget the post images of your work if doing so
Stealth Sin
Years of Service
User Offline
I did so, and hospital is meant to be slow. The are some indication of the map, there are hospital beds, wheel chairs, and iv's located around the map to identify. btw i'm updatng the demo to V2 but im not posting it on the fourm, i'll be posting it through Gamejolt.com
Anthony Gonzales
Stealth Sin
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello everybody again! new version and fixed bugs here on game jolt. --->>> https://gamejolt.com/games/SlendermansPastDemoV1/299195 also, I'm making a model pack if anybody would like to have a copy of it for their own games?
Anthony Gonzales
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2017 10:18
Stealth Sin I downloading the demo version now and let you know how it goes
Model pack, yes, what kind of entities are in the pack ???
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2017 22:03
Stealth Sin The demo version plays really good, one problem, the constant "green" flashing during game play causes
eye strain & a headache after awhile. Maybe tone it down a bit ( the green flicker )
Stealth Sin
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "the green flicker"
Ncmako, I don't recall a green flicker in the maps, which map are you playing and when does it happen. And the modelpack will contain entities of trigger zones already scripted and allocated to have the mechanics for your own slender games so you don't have to find each and every annoying script in the script bank, and it'll also have pages included. and of course, it'll come with the script pack of the mechanics you'll need. I've only included the basics and nothing really cool or special, unless if you guys want that. because I've scripted the special scripts for certain maps, like 1942 at the end, hospital for the atmosphere, and theater for the escape.
Anthony Gonzales
Stealth Sin
Years of Service
User Offline
Alright I've come across something amazing while brain storming on another map. I've noticed that Marc Steene was able to have the pages be in different locations. Now I was thinking about how to do that by either via variable in scripting or, after looking at a script used in the Nazi zombie survival map Station13 -- Made on FPSC -- The Boxweapons script uses a syntax called :random=x. Now on random, it chooses a random quantity to select, and called upon, it'll choose that box weapon. Could I do something similar for recalling the pages to spawn by chance or what? someone who knows how to use the syntax :random please help me! thanks -- StealthSin
Anthony Gonzales
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2017 13:03
Stealth Sin Some of this was from long ago, Don't recall any of this. The "random=x" command is for letting the script decide (using the timer system) which
way to go ... example
Is true when a random number between 0 and X equals 0. random=1 gives a 50% chance of being true, whereas random=100 gives a 1% chance of being true.

Also the command "randomize " which sets the current seed for the random command to the timer.
This can improve the randomness of the random features.
Stealth Sin
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you so much Nakmo! now i'll put these to good use for page locations!
Anthony Gonzales
Stealth Sin
Years of Service
User Offline
Ncmako, I've ran into a problem. When I used random along with the other stuff I have in the script, nothing happens, can you take look at what I got and help me solve my problem?

Anthony Gonzales
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2017 10:53
Stealth Sin It appears that some or more of the script is missing? But right at the start, the first line
":state=0:etimerstart" never goes the the next state. (add a state=1 to it) ":state=0:etimerstart,state=1"
Now the script will move to the next state. I can only assume there is more to this script ??? as I do not see
any "etimergreater" command, and also note that Var" pageloc1" is activated every time, is that the intent
Stealth Sin
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay I tried the state=1 and it worked, sorta. I ran into a new problem, they are all activating at once randomly. I'd like to have the activate only once, how should I do this. BTW I update modelpack78. now their is no slenderman model by starmind, jsut only my content that was originally in my pack
Anthony Gonzales

Attachments

Stealth Sin
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay i've been letting this slide for a while now but it's gotten to the point where its starting to annoy me lol. is their a way to disable a entities collision with EVERYTHING? lol because sometimes when working on a slender map he tends to get snagged on a wall or static entity so I'm constantly moving his original spawn point. -- BTW Thank you starmind001 for the slender model. I'd like to encourage you to try my new slenderman map. Slender Christmas Special!
Anthony Gonzales
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2017 12:35
Stealth Sin
Quote: "a way to disable a entities collision with EVERYTHING"
Quote: " he tends to get snagged on a wall"

Is this an entity or a character Sounds like a character. I haven't tried it but the command for turning off collision is "coloff"
But character in fpsc tend to get stuck sometimes.... yes just try different spawning points and test
Stealth Sin
Years of Service
User Offline
ugh okay so I disabled his collision and now hes in the ground. I tried raising his height and his script breaks so I'll just leave it as it is.
Anthony Gonzales
Stealth Sin
Years of Service
User Offline
okay before going into detail, for the people who downloaded the Slender Christmas Special game, their was a script missing in the game, the patch will be listed down below, just paste it into as following -->>>

files\scriptbank\slender and paste the sanityregen script here!

---- WAREHOUSE MAP ----

This is probably my finest map yet! Marc steene had his old slender sounds on freesound.org! so I asked him if I may use them in my game, let him know our progress, how many maps we've done, and how he was te inspiriation to the relaunch of the game! I hope he'l stop by and see this great community! I wouldn't of gotten this far without him and you guys. Cheers

Anthony Gonzales

Attachments

Stealth Sin
Years of Service
User Offline
okay can anybody help me? im loosing my sanity over this script! I've got all the mechanics working correctly in the script, it generates randomly, but now, it will only use random on one entity at a time. I've tried setting multiple targets to be called upon, but when that happens, I have no control over the script, and it decides to generate everything when it wants to, and not even the given name I chose it to spawn... here's the script, play around with it, if you can figure it out, please let me know so I can credit your name because this script is killing me. so bad I've almost thought about canning slenderman's past because of how frustrating this has become!

Anthony Gonzales

Attachments

Stealth Sin
Years of Service
User Offline
I just noticed when going through the syntax list of FPI edit path, I saw two things, drop marker, and next marker. Are these useful? and how can I use them on a character based script?
Anthony Gonzales
Stealth Sin
Years of Service
User Offline
need some time... just lately a lot of good things in my life happened and I need to pay close attention to planning on things, I won't be on here for a while. The reason is because, well, I just proposed to my girl last night and she said yes, Were planning on getting married on the 15th! But don't worry, I'll be on from time to time to update you guys on the games progress! thank you guys for supporting this group thread and game! --- P.S. Sony Entertainment Pictures is coming out with a "SlenderMan" Movie soon! Check it out on their youtube!
Anthony Gonzales

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 03:04:41
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 03:04:41