Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Windows / HTTP User Agent AGK2 Teir 1

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2017 15:22
Is there any way to change the default "InternetConnection" label assigned as the user_agent for all AGK2 Tier 1 outbound internet requests?

Professor Pops
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2017 18:36
Do you mean $_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT']?

My PHP is a little rusty but I am sure I read somewhere that it is not recommended to use the result of HTTP_USER_AGENT for security purposes and should only be used for display purposes, as AppGameKit is not a browser it is not needed to know the useragent, for security purposes you should send an encoded key in your postdata that identifies the app to your scripts.
ProfessorPops
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2017 17:12
I am not looking to use it for security, but rather another way to easily identify the platform running my app when it checks in to my servers or any other server it visits, while also lowering the heart rate a notch of server admins.

"InternetConnection" is not very useful, plus every website my app hits during the course of operation gets that in their logs, which means "Hello Alert!!! what the hell is this????" to any Server admin.

I see ads showing up in my server logs in the form of the user_agent these days, so there are many possibilities for this request.

I want to use it to tell the server something about the platform using my app and which app and version as well as my site url for questions, that can quickly be parsed in the server logs, instead of having to track it else where with cgi varaibles passed in the call.

I would like to do something similar to what google does with their spider.

Google Bot 2.0 / www.google.com/bots.htm - (simplified Example)

The user_agent appears to be hard coded into the compiler.

At any rate, thanks for the reply.

I am a little surprised others haven't asked about this.

Professor Pops
Qugurun
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AppGameKit
Posted: 17th Nov 2017 14:25

What prevents you from forming the URL with the necessary keys?

https://www.instagram.com/qugurun/
Qugurun
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AppGameKit
Posted: 19th Jan 2018 03:46
https://www.instagram.com/qugurun/

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 00:09:54
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 00:09:54