Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2017 11:40 Edited at: 5th Nov 2017 11:24
I had a four day weekend to make use of so I made another game.

It's available now on itch.io https://supertino.itch.io/super-boxman-ultra
And will available on Steam on Nov 13th http://store.steampowered.com/app/742340/Super_BoxMan_Ultra/

blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2017 20:44
4 Days! Super Impressive. The trailer is really polished too
DavidAGK
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Four days?!?!? That is very very impressive.
Using Tier 1 AppGameKit V2
Started coding with AMOS (Thanks Francois Lionet)
Supertino
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2017 10:26
Well to tell the truth it was 3 days but that was 3 days mostly flat, probably sat on that same damn chair for 30-35 hours, the 4th day was getting the trailer and steam store images etc. sorted. Not having to create the base assets also helped as I used a graphics assets pack. I made this to compliment my other game released on to Steam last month, I want to see how two very differently presented and priced games of the same genre perform and ultimately to see if there a real market for $1 games (outside of trading cards).
Richard_6
Years of Service
User Offline
Congrats, Supertino! Looks fun! I think you should try to publish on mobile platforms too!
Supertino
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2017 16:18
Bah! Mobile market is dead and a wash with Sokoban clones. Surprising few on Steam in-fact excluding my own only really 3 or 4 "pure" Sokoban games, several other spins on the original but just a handful of traditional Sokoban games that I think my version far surpasses so with any luck I have found a niche.
Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2017 19:41
Looks completely immaculate for a 4 day project! Makes me wonder what you are capable given 4 months. I bookmarked your webpage.
Supertino
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2017 11:23 Edited at: 5th Nov 2017 11:24
@Chris Tate - If I had a budget and not had to work for 4 months I'd probably just procrastinate the whole time. :p

Update: MAC version uploaded to steam & itch.io. Also add Achievements to the Windows version thanks to adambiser steam plugin ( https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/220819 )
Supertino
Years of Service
User Offline
PSY
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2017 19:45 Edited at: 16th Nov 2017 18:16
Nice little game Supertino!

I don't want to prophesy doom and destruction, but I think this one won't even fetch the fee you paid.
It's just too 'empty', and appears to be suited for the mobile market. But, as you already said, the mobile market is dead for this kind of game.

But a lot of people buy games like this for their trading cards and achievements, so you might want to wholesale to a Steam trading cards farmer.
I'm getting mails from these guys on a regular basis.

Also, I'd recommend to lower the price for your Santa game significantly.

Again, this is supposed to be constructive feedback. I wish you the best of luck, ofc!
Nice job coding and publishing the game on Steam in only 4(3) days...congrats!

Cheers,
PSY

PSY LABS Games
Coders don't die, they just gosub without return
Supertino
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2017 23:34
Hi PSY

Agree with all you said, Boxman is meant to be a little passive game that sips a few dollars/day throughout the year for beer money, its almost recouped the steam fee so its all gravy from here. I'll throw it into some indie bundles if sales drop below my monthly beer tab.

Santa's workshop I plan to discount ~50% in the autumn sale next week and see what happens, its got a large wish list and converting just 10% of those will more than recoup the submission fee which should be easier as we get closer to xmas and the discount applies, then the last hurrah comes with the winter sale mid Dec. I might have over priced it but then again who wants to buy an xmas game in October\early November.

It's been a good experiment having these on steam, watching the daily stats on page visits etc. and drilling down into the details.
PSY
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2017 21:05 Edited at: 16th Nov 2017 18:16
Hey Supertino,

I wasn't really sure whether I should write anything about prices, because I've seen people go ballistic as soon as anyone questions their pricing.
I'm pleasantly surprised by your objective answer

About beer money
I hear you
I also released a small game on STEAM some time ago, made with BlitzBasic3D, also retro style.
I released it originally to win a bet
http://store.steampowered.com/app/500940/GET_THE_GEMS/

It sells for 0.99€. I had it participate in some bundles, which was quite a nice experience.

It's indeed a good experiment having one or more games on Steam. Helps you a lot with further projects. And you get a huge lot of experience in handling your games on Steam.

Cheers,
PSY

PSY LABS Games
Coders don't die, they just gosub without return
tmu
Years of Service
User Offline
The game looks very nice! Fun and simple.

Steam sounds interesting and also doing some simple games like this fast might be a good idea. once you done a few, making more should get easier and easier..

Supertino
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2017 18:27
I find it hard to work on longer projects anything more than an month and I tend to lose interest, one advantage to quick simply games is you quickly build up knowledge and a framework you can employ in later projects, image button code, screen management, extended text functions, message boxes and panels etc. you can drop that right into later projects with little changes and get on with the "new" stuff.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 13:45:33
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 13:45:33