Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Moving lights as flashlight?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2017 18:51
Hello guys! I want to use the moving lights from Black Ice mod as flashlights. I could use the flashlight command as well, but the problem is that the shaders from BIMod or the ones by uzi idiot don't support that shader. Hope that someone can put some insight on how to use the moving lights as a flashlight.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2017 22:56
Mriganka
Quote: " I could use the flashlight command as well, but the problem is that the shaders from BIMod or the ones by uzi idiot don't support that shader"

I'm a little confused, the "flashlight" command works really good straight forward in Black Ice ? Yes, it works best when using Black Ice segments, but still works with
many other segments. Have you tried testing a simple room and just drop in NomadMod flashlight weapon ?

But if you really want to use the "movinglights" Black Ice has a demo map with that, the commands are a little tricky
but doable. They are listed in the doc's folder "new black ice commands"
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2017 08:45
There are commands for movelightson and movelightsoff that I want to use as a flash light.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2017 22:31 Edited at: 26th Nov 2017 22:49
Mriganka Here is the basic attach light to entity script..

I used it a lot and works really well. I guess to turn it on & off take this script to another state and add what key you want to use ???
I'll just use "RMB" for example

I'll test this and see if it works...

After testing this method, it comes with a lot of problems. Mostly the light wont move when turning off & on again
If you run a test you'll see what I mean, I still think the old "flashlight" command works better
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2017 11:48
The following are the two scripts that I tried they don't work. Your script also doesn't seem to work for me. I ever tried attaching the light to an entity and linking it to the player but I cannot turn the light on or off anyhow. Also, the old flashlight doesn't work with the shaders from BIMod. Hope someone can figure something out, as I am making the flashlight a bit integral to the level design.

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2017 00:39
Mriganka Yeah, the "movinglights" has it's drawbacks. But I tested the stock flashlight with Nomad Mod, remember it s a weapon.
So no script is needed It uses the "muzzleflash" for a light source. LMB to light up (fire the weapon) but I have a work around if needed
to lightup flashlight with other keys.
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2017 17:08
Guess I will have to make do with this then. Sad that the other stuff doesn't work, like, at all.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2017 21:50
Mriganka I know, the old flashlight method only worked on segments without shaders.
You could use another method.... the flashlight "Hud" that uses the ambience for light
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2017 06:12
I have thought of that, but it isn't consistent enough. But I will give it a try tho. And I hope s4real comes back to fix up a few things with BIMod.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 18:34:03
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 18:34:03