Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Raspberry Pi / What are you coding on the PI?

Author
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2017 13:12
Hi, just wondering what users are coding with their free Pi version of AppGameKit. Please share your stories in this thread.

Rick
Development Director
TGC Team
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2017 02:27
Nothing yet for me, Rick.

However, I am slowly collecting the hardware to make a coin-op retro style arcade machine.

Once I get all the hardware together, then I will start coding that project.

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
Hiddenworlds225
Years of Service
User Offline
Nothing to be far... Got the update to the package but it doesn't work... Wont say anything about it, i already made a thread
Jack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2017 00:39 Edited at: 26th Dec 2017 01:30
Serious backend rapid prototyping.
AGK on PI improves my work performance and gives me some time to spare. It allows me to test logic communication profiles.
I use the socket features and the GPIO control, aswell as the visualisation of data. (Sprites/Text...) aswell as the write/read from file features.
Other enviroments require at least the double amount of code to implement the GPIO logic that I need in order to test the systems.
It went actually that well, that I started finishing most work on the road before I even came home. The logic written in AppGameKit is easy to learn and can be ported to any language with lightspeed. Pointing out to the path to the AppGameKit binary and explaining how to use the help manual was enough for any project member to port code to native languages. They said, it was clearer than most of the codes they read in their native programming languages.
On industrial level, I use it as an ethernet protocol wrapper, did some work with it on an impressive time scale.
Gives me the feel to be Mr. Robot every time the proove of concept worked, and everything logged correctly only hours after the project started.

And before you ask me, if AppGameKit Pi handled crucial industrial systems for a longer period of time?...
yes, the prototype was sometimes in use until the c++ version arrived. It went pretty well plus it was more reliant than some of the current industrial systems. It was also always fast enough for all industrial applications. AppGameKit did also some serious new concepts, like fail-save buffering of all communcation commands, in order to ignore signal losses.
Sometimes I think, AppGameKit is a concentrated ninja framework for hacking made by masterminds.

Fun Fact: Engineers from world leading technology companies used the AppGameKit Editbox to enter some data during a calibration run.
Logs, written by AppGameKit are helping to improove density calculations in hydraulic control, right now -as far as I can tell, it can become state of the art.

It would blow my mind, if we could get i2c running in AGK. It could replace a whole table of debugging and measurement tools for me.
So I use it as a nerdy and powerful workflow upgrate tool, It saves me time, each day!

I would also love to have the Video commands on the pi.
And maybe RS-232 features, I would go nuts

You did a good job by now!
Merry X-mas to everyone who supports and develops AppGameKit Pi!

[/url]
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2017 02:29 Edited at: 26th Dec 2017 02:34
Quote: "Sometimes I think, AppGameKit is a concentrated ninja framework for hacking made by masterminds."

Thanks again for all of your hard work Paul! (AKA the mastermind behind AppGameKit )

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
Cybermind
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2017 20:40 Edited at: 19th Mar 2018 08:40
I use my PI as a small host for my multiplayer games during development. I intend to buy an Asus Tinkerboard to see if I can get AppGameKit running on that. It has more juice and should be compatible with RPI.
13/0
Bengismo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2017 21:11
Quote: "It would blow my mind, if we could get i2c running in AGK. It could replace a whole table of debugging and measurement tools for me.
So I use it as a nerdy and powerful workflow upgrate tool, It saves me time, each day!

I would also love to have the Video commands on the pi.
And maybe RS-232 features, I would go nuts "

Great post!!

Same here: id really like to see UART commands and maybe even SPI/I2C comms functions on the PI so we can access hardware easily. It would allow for some amazingly cool embedded projects!

My latest project on the PI is a simple PONG/SOCCER game on a touch table. Basically a touch screen in a table with 2D physics based PONG game. Simple but fun!!

Xaby
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2018 09:54 Edited at: 1st Jan 2018 11:58
I am planing to release an adventure game for the Raspberry Pi. But last time I tried, I didn't get any program to work. I don't really know the Raspberry / Raspberrian community, is there interest in "new" games for the little computer? I often see youtube-videos with RetroPi and emulation older hardware, but beside Quake III Arena, I didn't see any project.
MrTeeee123
Years of Service
User Offline
i would but dont know how to install it all downloaded but no clue on how to go on from there
Cybermind
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2018 08:46 Edited at: 19th Mar 2018 08:47
Quote: " i would but dont know how to install it all downloaded but no clue on how to go on from there"

To install it, you simply download it from your products page, then you unpack the folder "AGKPi" to a folder you have access to, like the "Home" folder. Then there are a few steps you have to follow, they are posted in this thread https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/221162 . You can always ask for more help if you need to get set up on the Pi
13/0

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 15:23:11
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 15:23:11