Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Limbs explained?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2003 01:21 Edited at: 20th Dec 2003 01:24
I know this is probably a bit of a "duh" post, but could some knowledgable person please explain the Limb commands to me in plain english? I'm not sure that i get it.
Are they like grouping parent/child functionality? So that, for example, you could group a few meshes together by having child meshes off the parent mesh and then rotating the parent mesh would automatically rotate/translate the child meshes as well? Does OFFSET LIMB offset the position relative to the parent position? I'm looking over the "boxes" tutorial code for example 5. I *think* I understand whats going on, but it would be nice to get a definitive answer. It *looks* as though the white sphere is the parent object and the faces of the cube are added as child limbs to this object and then rotation is carried out on the parent sphere only.

- If this is the case, why would you need to use TEXTURE LIMB when you could texture the object as normal?

-Is this something specific to do with meshes?

Thanks for any enlightenment

www.tronsoftware.co.uk
AMD Athlon XP 1700+, 180GB HDD, 512MB DDR RAM, ATI Radeon 9700 Pro 128MB DDR, Windows XP Pro, DirectX 9.0b

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 15:14:30
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 15:14:30