Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Flashlight script help!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2017 12:37 Edited at: 14th Dec 2017 12:48
So I have been working on a flash light script that uses a HUD. But now I have encountered a problem when using the scancodepressed is used. But it works fine with keypressed which I don't want to use as I want the flashlight to be toggleable. ANd also the battery decreases and can be replaced (no recharge). But I cannot get the toggling to work.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2017 12:57 Edited at: 14th Dec 2017 13:57
It has been a long time since I scripted anything in FPSC, but I see a few things I would change in that script...

Move the state=4 to the end of the line at line 7

Same thing with line 9 with state=7

Last line.... why have two state=3 actions? (I would get rid of the first one so that all the actions moving to other states appear last for continuity)

I think the problem may be in state 4...

:state=4,varnotequal=FLASH 0,keypressed=33 0:state=7,etimerstart
:state=4,varnotequal=FLASH 0:etimerstart,state=5

If you are not pressing the key, then you go to state 7 before the other line gets checked.
The other line is essentially the same condition, because the key is not pressed in that line either.

I am really rusty because I have not used FPSC for several years now (been banging away at AGK), so bare with me as I slowly examine this and try to help.

try this
, as you can see I added a state=8 that checks for the key release before moving to state=4

Then, in state=4 I changed your keypressed to a 1 to detect a second press for the toggle.

I also added a keypressed 0 to check for a key release in state 7 too since we pressed in state 4 to get there

Not sure if this will work, because I am not able to test, and I usually write my own sripts, so editing yours is hard when I have been away this long, but maybe we'll get lucky.

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2017 17:53
Hello Conjuring Entertainment! Thank you for introducing the flag. It was a bit buggy but it worked. I introduced a few flags in places so the script now works almost flawlessly.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2017 21:52
Glad I could help, and I am glad you got it sorted out.

I almost didn't want to post since it had been so long since I have scripted in FPI, but I am glad I did.

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2017 05:55
One more thing you helped me realize is that I almost never put in flags and checks and code making them not run many a time. It's one of my biggest problems. I will work on solving that!
Stealth Sin
Years of Service
User Offline
Mriganka, do you mind if I copy your script to test, I've been working on a freak ton of custom scripts involved with vairables and fun stuff like that. It just appeals to me because I just ponder about :setvar being as :state=1. I usually keep that in the same state underneath dimvar to keep things orginized. if I can come up with anything I'll let you know. I'll see if also I can create you a baterie model for your flash light. are you intrested?
Anthony Gonzales
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2017 06:26
The script works awesome. You can integrate it with HUDs. And everything I make is always modular for max customization. You can copy the script and do whatever you like. But if it's commercial then please credit me.

PS - I am working on a scriptpack which a shit tonne of scripts. Do you have any experience doing AI? I am needing some help on that aspect.
Stealth Sin
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmm, what kinda of AI? because DarkAI is not my strong point. the only best AI I've ever made was a slenderman script with sanity xD
Anthony Gonzales

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 11:57:46
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 11:57:46