Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / Application stay open in the back

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I build two apps to test AppGameKit so far and they are running just fine Under Windows and Android.

I just realize that Under Android at the end of the program it brings me back to my main screen (and this is normal)
but if i ask for all running application it is still showing up.

I tried to make sure i was making a clean shutdown off the program

What else do i need to add so my application make a clean shutdown and close at the end (and not show up in the active program list) ?
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2017 13:50
Quote: "What else do i need to add so my application make a clean shutdown and close at the end (and not show up in the active program list) ?"

My tablet does the same thing (not just AppGameKit apps but all of them), so I am not sure if it is certain versions of Android or what.

I think it is just an effort on Android's part to keep things going for faster reloads or something.

I just pull up that menu after I exit the game (hitting that middle menu button), then close it from that list (x).

Another step, but not a big deal really.

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
PHeMoX
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, I am pretty sure apps do close properly using the End command in AppGameKit 2 on Android. When I click my app from the home screen and use that command to exit, it is always visible in the 'Android Recent Apps' list. But that's normal for all apps. In fact, clicking my own app in that list basically 'restarts' it. It doesn't continue where it was upon exiting.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-17 00:06:41
Your offset time is: 2024-04-17 00:06:41