New windows build up ( http://www.edzup.co.uk/images/Star_Rogue.zip ), once I fix some small glitches with the GUI system I will upload the android version as well.
New adjustments are as follows:
1) Controls changed to:
WSAD when docked to walk around the station
Mouse (Left click and drag to turn), Right click to fire weapons
J - Jumpdrive
A, Z - Accelerate and Decelerate
H - Hyperspace, this only works if you have enough energy for the jump
F - FTL Hyper jump when destination selected
T - Target something in from of the player ship
U - Target Nearest Hostile
Esc - Quit
F1-F5 select top button on button bar (you can also click on them)
Star Flight: Star Rogue v0.1.7b fixes:
1) Purchasing weapons now shows mount screen so you can fit a weapon to a particular mount
2) Added Ammo count to weapons list so fitting weapons will give you max ammo to use
3) Completely new GUI system which replaces all the GUI elements in the game making sure they are all under the same system now. This new system allows for position and scaling of gadgets so is much more flexible for all device types.
4) DEPRICATED - the entire old BBS system in favour of the new Star Rogue BBS system that has been rewritten to take into account of the new GUI stuff and requirements for the game.
5) DEPRICATED - old GUI system in favour of new one, the entire system has now been rewritten so we can make the gadget placement options sections so people can choose their gadget placement for inflight and on foot sections of the game
6) Credits moved to separate data that is encrypted and compressed, no more visible strings in the data files.
7) Started fleshing out the options menu, we now have "In flight", "On foot", "Audio", "Graphics", and "Gameplay" menus that will be fleshed out with the relevant options in the game. The In Flight and On Foot sections are for gadget placement for touch interfaces.
8) Moved all menu graphics to the menus 'Ultim Pack File' this keeps the menus in a tidy package for use in the game and doesnt put half the files in other sections of the game that are used by the main game media.
9) ADDED: VDU screen systems so we can have adverts and information in the game stations to make it more varied as time goes on, there will also be other items that will also be placed in the stations to break up the simple placement of the game.
FIXED: issue when launching, now the VDU screens get removed from the systemso they dont appear around the player in space.
10) ADDED: Star system generator written in BlitzMax (using MaxGUI) this now generates the systems used by the game loader so we can now have an unlimited number of different variations.
11) ADDED: Merkuse, Bilrande, Zerikan, Birmingham, Leeds and Cardiff systems expanding the game so there are now fifteen systems in the game already. For the Terran area alone there are plans for about 665 star systems, there will be more depending on the other races zones as well.
12) FIXED: System generator to use game name generation system so we can generate stuff more effectively...
13) Ported the system genrator to Python as well so I can design systems on my Raspberry Pi 4 as well as my mobile phone
14) CHANGED: TargetInformation button is now changed to Player Views button, one theview system is in the game we will be able to use all weapons fitted to the players ship.
15) ADDED: Basic shadows to on foot section of stations, the shadow system are coded internally and doesnt use AGK's shadow system due to a lighting issue with full lit objects.
16) CHANGED: Pay to reflect the distance from the players system to the target system,the final version of this will check the number of jumps required to get to the final system from where the player is.
17) FIXED: Issue with shadows not being removed when leaving stations.
18) ADDED: Merge data to generator system so we can actually add special data to the systems as required this will allow me to add special pre designed assets and events to the game for things like stories and other in game stuff.
19) FIXED: Glitch in galaxy generator where it would not generate any suns of a different colour as primary this was due to the system not noticing a character in the file.
20) ADDED: Galaxy scaling system so the galaxy isnt as large as it was originally
21) CHANGED: Entire galaxy map system, now the entire galaxy is generated as required this allows us to use a galaxy image for the galaxy and this shows how the galaxy density is depending on the image. The game can use multiple different galaxy images this will in future allow us to open up other galaxies as required.
22) ADDED: Icons for player information so the player knows at a glance what each group means when flying around.
23) ADDED: Hyper energy to the game, this 'rechargable' energy does recharge over time. After hyperspacing the battery will charge from the solar panels at a rate that is dependent on how much the main battery is charging.
24) FIXED: Galaxy generator so now it cannot keep placing items at the same locations so we dont end up with planets inside planets etc.
25) ADDED: Player jumping so we can jump to uninhabited systems all is required now is the mobile button then we can release a new version of the game to the masses.
TODO: Fix glitch in Android GUI system so it displays correctly, then I can release a new build
Please note: Be very careful where you jump to some systems have stuff orbiting a black hole, as black holes do not generate light they cannot charge your batteries of the ship.
Buy me a coffee:https://www.buymeacoffee.com/EdzUp