Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Models: From my 3D app to *.x format

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm currently using Cinema 4D which does not support the x format, I was wondering what tools are out there to translate from 3ds, dxf, obj formats to x. I know that I can use 3ds, but just in case there are some other possibilities...
Bishop
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2003 09:14
well, probably the best cheap modeller out there is milkshape....the only reason i say that in responce to this post is that it imports and exports a lot of different files....

"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live so when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."
BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2003 06:02
I don't know if this is bending the rules a little, but there is a program called 3d Exploration that can import and convert most 3d and 2d formats. Do an MSN search for "Essential Gmax Tools". The site you're looking for should be right at the top of the search. There are many links in there (mostly for exporting from GMAX), but you can get the free unregistered version of 3d Exploration and it will suit all your needs. The company who made it is now doing a program called Deep Exploration which is the same thing, with cooler toys and better coding of course.

hope I helped
juvy

Juvenile Industries
Current Project: The First Room (FPS)
Side Projects: SHIPWRECK, the boss's school project
Damokles
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2003 14:35
There is also a DarkBASIC command that converts .3ds to .x
3DS2X "anything.3ds","anything.x"

"Begin at the beginning, and go on till you come to the end: then stop." - Lewis Carroll
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2003 16:01
Welcome, fellow Cinema4D user!

You'll find that you can't use anything that Cinema exports, not even 3DS files

I don't know if this is a downfall of Cinema, or DB, but I do know you can model in Cinema, export and load in Wings (free), then export again and it will work . Except for animations, 'cos Wings doesn't do those

BatVink (formerly StevieVee)
http://facepaint.me.uk/catalog/default.php

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 15:10:38
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 15:10:38