Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Lightwave 7.5 UV Maps and DB Pro

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Im thinkin of buying DBPro i have got the demo but im having difuculties in the uv maps area. I just cant get them to work(or even loaded) how do i do that? Im using Lightwave 7.5c aswell. Is there a max amount of polys DBPro can handle per object. Also what scale/size should i be working in Lightwave to get suitable size in DBPro for characters so that they dont have to be scaled up/down?.

Thanks

Whats better. The truth that draws a tear or a lie that draws a smile?
Gribbly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2003 01:39
I use LW 7.5c as well so might be able to help anwser some of your questions.

If you are using the dstorm .x exporter you'll need to use DX7 files as the files exported in dx8 format don't work with DBPro (yet)

The UVs should export without a problem from LW

The scale is up to you, you can either use a real scale in LW which means everything is easier to do in DBPro, you know how fast things move, fall etc. if you want to use a larger scale so the numbers you deal with in DBPro are bigger, which can be a good idea, make sure you pick a scale at the start and stick with it trust me if you decide to change the scale halfway through, or you forget and build something at the wrong scale it causes all sorts of headaches.

also don't scale things in DBPro, its always better to scale them in Lightwave first, scaling things in DBPro because they were built to the wrong scale is not a good idea.

BTW DBPro also supports 3ds files, and LW comes with an exporter for 3ds, I'd stick with .x files myself.

Nigel
www.100tinsoldiers.com
snoop86
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you. That has helped me alot.

I take it that for the .x exprter i can just use google and look for dstorm? Or is it a commercial plugin? If it is commercial plugin could you tell me of any free .x exporters?

Or if it is commercial i may be able to do a trade. If the licence allows so.

Thanks again

Dual Xeon Running at 3.36Ghz Each(Total 6.72Ghz)1 GB Ram Sata 120GB Hdd. 2 17" Flat Screens (Wireless). And a lot of gadgets.
Gribbly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2003 20:13 Edited at: 22nd Dec 2003 20:14
Its a free plugin, and you can get it from http://www.dstorm.co.jp/dslib/index-e.html

If you want any other plugins check out www.flay.com
snoop86
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks, Got it.

Dual Xeon Running at 3.36Ghz Each(Total 6.72Ghz)1 GB Ram Sata 120GB Hdd. 2 17" Flat Screens (Wireless). And a lot of gadgets.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 15:02:03
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 15:02:03