Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / Building a MMO with AppGameKit

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, it's been awhile since I posted any updates, but... I've updated Dymoria's client (which is using AppGameKit) for the first time in a long time. Most of the work has been server side.

Dymoria is a grid-based MMO that I have been working on for the last half a year or so (mostly, building the underlying server/network and finally starting to build game functions).

The game is, eventually, going to be what I call a MMORPBG... a MMO Role Playing Board Game; where the world is a massive, persistent board game... the player, objects, NPCs, etc will be board pieces. Think HeroQuest from the 80s (both the board game and PC game), but in MMO format.

If you want to try the game in it's very early conceptual stages; you can do so here: http://www.dymoria.com .... Open in a New Window, since Websockets do not like browser tabs if you tab out.

There is much to do be done, but this project has come a long, long, long way from its beginnings, and still has a long way to go. Despite some... obstacles... which I hope to overcome, or will be addresed in future AppGameKit updates, AppGameKit has been performing remarkably well for the stress I have been putting it under.
~~ LillyByte ~~
http://www.dymoria.com

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2018 22:07
Hero quest where a very nice game...
But Think i loved space crusade more
The page seams to be stuck at loading ?