Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / DarkBASIC Pro is still my favorite

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2018 02:46 Edited at: 19th Mar 2018 02:52
Hello all,

I am pretty much finished with my old DBP project, Brigand: Oaxaca, an FPS/RPG like Deus Ex or System Shock 2, which you can buy on Steam (there is also a demo). Still a couple of patches to go. It took me almost 9 years, but I learned a lot.

I was looking for other engines to use for my next project, a 2D RPG with gameplay similar Baldur's Gate where you can pause and issue commands to your team, but graphics reminiscent of 16 bit SNES RPGs. Then I decided, screw it, I'll just keep using DarkBasic. I don't want to spend time learning something else. So here is what I did in one weekend: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1D3CsTK3NF9k83-drFvOb0j63Y7EfPAAE

Keys:

L-Click to select characters
Shit + L-Click to select more than one character
R-Click to move
1-6 to see all the character actions and poses
Space to pause
Arrows keys or move mouse to the screen edge to scroll around the small map

I am definitely not an artist, but fortunately I can use https://opengameart.org/.

With all that 3D DPB experience, this is gonna be easy, man. It is gonna take me only about 1 year to make a sweet epic 2D RPG inspired by Baldur's Gate. DarkBASIC for life!
Brian Lancaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2018 13:34
By the way, you people can all steal that code. I'll still make a game faster than all you dirty hos. Let the race begin.
Mage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2018 18:03
GZ on getting to market with a game.
Brian Lancaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2018 22:00
It is really thanks to people on this forum, including Green Gandalf. I forget the rest, but lots of people helped me.
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 20th Mar 2018 01:38
Good luck with the new 2D one - looks like a promising start.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 04:41:47
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 04:41:47