Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / DBPro <> DB1.3 -_-

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2003 06:28 Edited at: 21st Dec 2003 06:47
Well I finally bought DBPro after seing on the shelves of CompUSA.. I used DarkBasic back in the good ole' days of DB1.3+.. I stopped using after that whole multiplay command issue came up.. at that time i had bought DarkBasic two different times. This is my third.

Well, after shruging off the lameness of the manual design and overall presentation of the inside of the DBPro box (the old DarkBasic set was great).. I decided to try to something easy first.. since I hadn't touched DB in years. I decided to set the res to 1024x768x24, set a font size of 18, and print 'test' on the screen.. then wait for a keypress to close. I've tried many many different ways.. "suspend for key" "wait key" and the method I show here (a wait for an esc keypress).. each time, the program just hangs.. and i must alt+f4 out of it, THEN kill the task from the task manager (which, btw, the task was sitting at 95% cpu usage on my 1.4ghz).. Can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong here?

- edit
Also, that simple program:

doesn't work.. when I press 'run', it sits at the desktop, i have to kill the application from the xp task manager..

I'm assuming my GForce4 card is supported by DBPro, being that all the demos run fine..

"I LIKE MARSHMELLOWS!" - Homestar Runner
andrew11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2003 06:48 Edited at: 21st Dec 2003 06:49
I would use escapekey(). Try this:

[edit] after seeing that the other program dosent work, its pretty weird. MAybe check if yo have latest Direct X and drivers for your card.

"All programmers are playwrites and all computers are lousy actors" -Anon
Dreq934
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2003 06:51 Edited at: 21st Dec 2003 06:52
Everything's up to date.. I have no problem running any games, or any demos from DBPro itself..

The ESCkey option works though.. thats good, now I hopefully do some 2D-using-3D (I think DBPro supports this internally.. i hope so, but if not, i'll still manage :p)

"I LIKE MARSHMELLOWS!" - Homestar Runner
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2003 13:14
DBPro doesn't support 24 bit mode any more - that may be causing you problems. Switch your desktop to 32 bit and try again.

Also, you must ensure that you are using DirectX 9.0b if you are using the latest update, and that you have the latest drivers installed.

For free Plug-ins, source and the DBPro Interface library for Visual C++ 6 and .NET
http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 15:01:00
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 15:01:00