Download an earlier version including executable+source and blendman's mods(moving platforms & bonus collection) here to try if you like.
Source + Exe Download
Source Download V6.8
Source Download V6.9
1) Do *not* use IE for download for it can't handle the nasty popups of MediaFire - I use Chrome to avoid.
2) Release is in RAR format as is too large and consists of too many separate files now to update in codebox(es) every time. Will do in the final release.
3) For changes, see history in begin of main.agc.
4) Currently not all geometry and functions included in the download to keep focus on the multiplayer part and basic functionality.
Objective: flexible controller for 3d games without physics.
-switch between 1st / 3rd person cam
-player to obstacles collisions
-player to ground(either plane, other objects or terrain)
-etc, etc ..
-TGC for proving AppGameKit
-Janbo for initial basics of the ObstacleAvoidingCam routine.
-Sphinx for fixing cam turnbug using A and D keys.
-blendman for moving platforms example and bonus pickup(not currently included for keeping oversight while doing code restructuring for multiplayer - will put back later when all working as desired) and double collider suggestion(still needs implementing).
-puzzler2018 for the procedural texture function(currently removed- might put back in later if he likes).
-The guys at SyntaxBomb(nearly forgot
-And many others of course..
ROADMAP (not necessarily in this order):
Fase1 - Cam/Player handling.
- Add Android buttons for turning round (currently only forward/backwards and left/right strafe)
- CarCam mode ?
- Put back other routines I took out previously.
Fase2 - Collectables/ Fire mechanisms.
- Create bullets collision detection.
- Scorch marks for bullet impact.
- Create item mngr a la jeppe's
- Ammo boxes/ bullet system/inventory/scorches/bullet holes, grenades righthand?
- Target image? /zoom mode?
- Labels /energy levels above players. (decreasing health by movements, jumping costing more..
Fase3 - Environments.
- Teleports/spawn points, moving platforms(removed for overhaul)
- Clouds, sun, rain, snow?
Fase4 - Enemies/bots.
- NPC(follower/clingers) A*, AI
- Circling birds?
Fase5 - Networking.
x Universal Networking Front End interface/framework (separate from this release, still in alpha stage- looks nice though
- Peer2Peer (networking stack, msgs)
- Hosting/matchmaking Server?
*Not currently included in the download, still in progress.
- Level name : "The Green, the Red and the Bluie"