Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2018 02:06
Hello Ncmako, my question is how do I use tax78's backpack system. I tried the steps in the docs with images and it did not work. I need to learn how to script in fps creator to get it to work. Tax78 told me to ask you and then you told me to go here so, I would love a step by step easy tutorial on how I do this. Thank you.
ncmako
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 26th Mar 2018 11:19
Hello Nathan
Quote: " I tried the steps in the docs with images and it did not work"

Let me download his system and do a test run tonight. I'm sure it's a simple fix with the
images path location in the scripts.
Quote: "I need to learn how to script in fps creator to get it to work"

The FPI language is simple once you get the gist of the commands ( condition & actions)
Which version of fpsc are you using ? The more recent versions have more commands.
If you have V1.20 or Black Ice mod then look in your "doc's" folder, there is a .pdf named
Official Comm. Guide. It's a great reference tool and here's a link to all the commands...
https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/180924
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Nathan Smith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2018 17:48
I am using FPSC X9 V 1.20 with Black Ice Mod. Also, Thank you for helping! I am glad there is an official comm. guide. I'll be glad when you get back with me.
ncmako
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 27th Mar 2018 11:05
Nathan The Backpack system has a step-by-step setup instructions in the "Doc's" folder.
Have you seen that? It's very easy to follow, you do have to add a couple lines of code
to the setuplevel.fpi. Have you tried those yet?
Nathan Smith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2018 03:26
I put the lines code in the area of setuplevel.fpi where there is the state= 0 with how everything is set up. Yes, I used the step by step tutorial twice now and I have failed. I have built my test game and I am doing something wrong. I am mostly having trouble putting the lines of code in setuplevel.fpi. I may need a video tutorial if you could possibly make one. This confuses me and I am kinda a newbie at FPS Creator. I hope you can help. Thank You for helping.
ncmako
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 29th Mar 2018 01:12
Nathan
Quote: " I may need a video tutorial if you could possibly make one"

I'm no good at making video tutorials...but I'll give it a try. Don't expect anything fancy
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2018 14:46
Quote: "I'm no good at making video tutorials...but I'll give it a try."

You'll do a fine job Mike.

This is a great idea for a tutorial series. Will show off a classic feature on youtube.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
ncmako
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 2nd Apr 2018 11:57
@ seppgirty Thank you I'm trying
@ Nathan Smith I also ran into some problems using Tax78's scripts. I find them a little buggy
using the Black Ice mod. Something changed, not sure what? I'll try and make a simpler version?
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2018 21:29
If you are building the black ice inventory demo which uses Tax backpack system you need to build both maps together and they only work as standalone game not as test game. The 2nd level is for bringing your inventory into subsequent levels.

Also I modified the system to use stock FPSC menu design so its more generic for different games using the mod.
ncmako
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 3rd Apr 2018 01:14
@ Nomad Soul Thank you for clarifying the problems I had. That makes sense now I will try this approach.

In the mean time I was playing around with the "inventory" idea. Very heavy in custom scripting... but doable
I tried two approaches, one with "mouse clickable" huds, and a another using plain old "keyboard" clicks.
I found out to use a the "mouse click" huds, all the scripts need to be in the levelsetup.fpi and the engine needs to be "paused" to work ( too buggy for me )
But an in game script ( attached to a trigger) works just fine...?

Nathan Smith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2018 05:20
@ncmako So, The backpack system can be triggered by a trigger zone? and the one using plain old keyboard clicks is easier to set up?
@Nomad Soul Thank you for helping.
@seppgirty I love Chaos Bros Films man! You are a very talented guy with the films and video game tools.
ncmako
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 3rd Apr 2018 11:06
@ Nathan Smith
Quote: "can be triggered by a trigger zone"

That is a custom script I made to see if it's doable & easy. But for the script to work
every item that is added needs to be custom scripted into it. I'm looking into maybe
making it more streamlined Right now it's a big mess...Lol But it does work.
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2018 23:38
Quote: "I tried two approaches, one with "mouse clickable" huds, and a another using plain old "keyboard" clicks.
I found out to use a the "mouse click" huds, all the scripts need to be in the levelsetup.fpi and the engine needs to be "paused" to work ( too buggy for me )
But an in game script ( attached to a trigger) works just fine...?"

You didn't get that Fpsc master badge for nothin'

Quote: "@seppgirty I love Chaos Bros Films man! You are a very talented guy with the films and video game tools."

Thanks man. Nice of you to say.

gamer, lover, filmmaker
ncmako
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 4th Apr 2018 11:38
@ Nathan Smith I made a new thread on the Script forums and uploaded a test map & scripts for you to try out.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 12:59:44
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 12:59:44