Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Multiple Objects

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2003 12:43
Hello.

I am just wondering if someone can assist me in a small problem I have encountered.

I have created a floor tile for use in a Chaos-Gate style game I am trying to create. Up until recently I only used 2D, which was alittle easier.. but my problem is thus...

How can I turn my one onject into 100 objects without loading it in into 100 differant slots. can't I just re-use the same model 100 times?

Thanks..

Khayne.

Know Thy Enemy...
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2003 13:08
If you are using DBC, then you can use CLONE OBJECT.

If you are using DBPro, then you have a choice of using either CLONE OBJECT or INSTANCE OBJECT

For free Plug-ins, source and the DBPro Interface library for Visual C++ 6 and .NET
http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk
KasseyusAncient
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2003 13:33
Thanks for that .

I have another question, if you have the time..

Do you happen to know how I would go about finding a price of code that would allow me to click on a 3D Object in the game world...

I had alook in the code snippets board, but it was hard as I did not really know what I was looking for.

Thanks..

Khayne.

Know Thy Enemy...
KasseyusAncient
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2003 13:33
Ohhh, by the way, I use DarkBASIC Professional.

Know Thy Enemy...
Philip
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2003 13:39
The "Pick Object" command is probably what you need Khayne. It was introduced a few versions of DB Pro in so you won't find it listed in your handbook. You will find it listed in the online help though.

Philip

What do you mean, bears aren't supposed to wear hats and a tie? P1.3ghz / 384 megs / GeForce MX 5200 128meg / WinXP home

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 15:03:56
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 15:03:56