Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / [ WIP ] Biotopium - somewhat of a bio sim / evolution focused / god game / .....or maybe ultimately something completely different

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Just starting another thread for this side project I have started some time ago so I can share some progress here. It's still without gameplay elements really and I haven't decided yet on what the gameplay will be like. I have mostly been focusing on getting an idea of what type of performance I can expect for a project with more of an actual terrain based world and around a thousand active objects.

(At the moment any objects spawned below a certain height on the terrain are assumed to be under water and therefore removed; which leaves around 700 active objects at the moment. I should look into collecting the 'failed spawn' object IDs and assign different valid spawning locations in a second spawning phase, but haven't looked into that yet.)

I'm about to put some textures on some models, hence the Wings3D multi-colored skin on some models.
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2018 01:34
Cool hex tile style man, it really stands out
http://games.joshkirklin.com/sulium

A single player RPG featuring a branching, player driven storyline of meaningful choices and multiple endings alongside challenging active combat and intelligent AI.
smallg
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2018 10:44
Indeed, nice style, looks a lot like the city building a RTS type games, looking forward to seeing where you go with it
life's one big game
spec= 4ghz, 16gb ram, AMD R9 2700 gpu
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2018 12:14
Love that font
Intrested in updates on the Project.
PHeMoX
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks everyone! Yeah, I haven't decided on how to use the hex style terrain yet. I don't really have plans of turning this into something turn-based, so it's perhaps a bit unconventional. But we'll see.
PHeMoX
Years of Service
User Offline
Just so the latest piece of progress is visible here too hahah. I've made a start on a weather system that should ultimately influence the world. Next up is probably a day and night cycle system too, so I can specify existing behavior based upon that.

Blendman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2018 22:23
Cool !
Do you use 2d particle ?
AGK2 tier1 - http://www.dracaena-studio.com
PHeMoX
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, I could have used 3D particles, but I was hoping just 2D would be faster on mobile whilst also looking somewhat convincing. It runs fast on mobile.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 14:44:08
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 14:44:08